DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller battery is running out so quick

Camiloescobaro

Reactions
Hi guys, is there any way to avoid the controller charge my android phone?? The voltage is too low and I think my phone battery could suffer.

Thank you guys

only way i know of is rooting your phone and using a special app that u can control the plug itself, some have posted good results

Reactions: Camiloescobaro
Connect to the side of the RC instead of using the USB connection.

EDIT: Make sure everything (including phone) is fully charged before you fly.

I get the same problem. My Android phone is draining the remote controller. It's really annoying, I won't root my phone for that.
The perfect solution will be an option to deactivate charging in the DJI Go App.

Reactions: Camiloescobaro
I get the same problem. My Android phone is draining the remote controller. It's really annoying, I won't root my phone for that.
The perfect solution will be an option to deactivate charging in the DJI Go App.
To prevent that I use a staggering 300k power bank . Stick it on your screen protector hood and ........happy days .

Just make sure the phone is fully charged before you fly, If the phone doesnt hold a good charge get another battery for it.

Hi guys, is there any way to avoid the controller charge my android phone?? The voltage is too low and I think my phone battery could suffer.

Thank you guys
You need open the controller an disconnect battery for 1 minute and connect again. I will fix the problem.

Hi All, I’m very new to drone flying and just got myself the Mavic Air after reading a lot or reviews and videos again and again, and just got mine last week. Getting a drone is more to advance my landscape photography, what I mean by that is, I’ve been a professional photographer for 7 years now and I’m wheelchair bound, and find at times I see scenes that I would like to capture, but held back by my chair. So the drone can take my photography much further than I can reach.
I read that the controller apparently keeps your phone charged while connected if you use the iPhone adaptor, can anyone verify this for me? I have purchased a Kismaple phone/ipade holder, as I found that the controller didn’t seem to hold the phone that well and when disconnection it, it pulled the lead through the whole each time. So the Kismaple allows you to use the USB port, but by using the USB, does it also recharge the phone or does it disconnect this feature if the either connection actually does charge your phone/iPad while the controller is on?
Many thank in advance, AndyD

Thank you guys

Most android devices have a setting for the usb port. It can be set for charging only, data only or charging and data.

Data Only will probably do it for you.

Are you serious?

Not sure if it will stop the charging issue but will definitely stop the warranty. Besides, I've opened three of my Mavic remotes, and its a bit of a challenge the first go round. I would opt for post #3. I use an Iphone 7 plugged into the side of the remote and never had an issue.

I would like a dual plug setup that would allow me to charge my phone and remote both, while flying. Several times I've wanted to fly, only to find my phone dead.

fly high and fly often

I have yet to see an Android that lets you control charge like that.
When I attach my Driod Turbo it shows these options- choosing File transfers stops the charging to USB until the USB cable is removed - I assume it's possibly because I have Developer options enabled?
Screenshot_20181112-080850.png

Last edited:
These options are also accessible in the DJI GO 4 app

Click on the Me icon, then the gear icon top right, then Enable USB Developer Option, scroll down to the Networking section and click Select USB Configuration

You should be presented the screen I shared in last post

Choose MTP or PTP

These options are also accessible in the DJI GO 4 app

Click on the Me icon, then the gear icon top right, then Enable USB Developer Option, scroll down to the Networking section and click Select USB Configuration

You should be presented the screen I shared in last post

Choose MTP or PTP

So it appears that one of my Android tablets works with this setting and the other Android phone does not. I have to dig into what I did to the tablet that is different from the phone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU