DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller beeping/alarm on power up

Reactions
I checked the battery level of the controller by pressing the power button once, and 3 of the 4 leds lit up. However, when I powered it on, a loud beeping commenced. I'm assuming it was due to low battery, but I have not noticed that before when there was only one led out. I would not thing that to be normal...maybe there's another reason for the beeping alarm??

Another thing I never paid attention to is the power light on the left. With my Air turned off, and the controller powered on, that led simply flashed on/off. The obvious answer to that would have been to power on the Air, but I didn't have time...now I'm at work, so I thought I'd see if anyone can advise. thanks

Reactions: Former Member
The beeping might mean stick calibration error. All you need to do is move one of the sticks for the beeping to stop.
That's what it was with mine - but with a Mav Pro you get a display message on the RC controller - telling you about the stick error as well ... I carried out a stick calibration and that went away.

That's what it was with mine - but with a Mav Pro you get a display message on the RC controller - telling you about the stick error as well ... I carried out a stick calibration and that went away.

Lets hope the OP's Air controller stops beeping lol

Thats one thing I never got used to about the Air is the lack of LED display. Then you have to guess what the error message is. If you leave it on for too long without connecting, it will beep too.

This is probably a silly question but you don't happen to have a stick guard on your remote when your powering on do you? I ask because I had that happen to me the other day, the beeping. The stick guard was pressed down just hard enough to be pushing in a button so when I started up the remote, it immediately started beeping. Just thought I'd throw that out there! Lol, I thought it was pretty funny when I realized it.

This is probably a silly question but you don't happen to have a stick guard on your remote when your powering on do you?

Thanks for the comment K, but I don't use a guard...simply unscrew them and store in the controller. I've been too busy working to get back to testing the problem again. I *did* chat online with DJI support, and they simply advised updating firmware. I'm still at the 0400, but I guess I will make the move up to 0500 soon.

Hi, I have a Mavic air and every time I turn it on, this beeping is there. As a consequence I limit my flight length to avoid anoying people arround me. Have you suceed to resolve it since you created this post?

Hi, I have a Mavic air and every time I turn it on, this beeping is there. As a consequence I limit my flight length to avoid annoying people around me. Have you ... resolved it since you created this post?
For me, it is always due to stick calibration. For some reason, I have never tried to just move the sticks to see if it goes away. However, running the stick calibration has always solved it. It has happened about three times in six months of Mavic Air ownership. I always store the controller with the sticks removed, and have no stick guard, so I have no idea what causes it.

The great thing about doing the stick calibration is that the beeping stops immediately while you do your little exercises....!

For me, it is always due to stick calibration......

I have it happen at random times. I did the stick cal a few times, but since then, sometimes the thing will fire up beeping. I think I simply power cycle the controller and it stops after the second start up. Have not been able to figure out why it happens occasionally.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ICantStopTheLoneliness