DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Charging Cable

Mavic Dude

Reactions
Greetings
Well I've had my Mavic for more than 30mn so of course I've lost something.
I've searched high and low and can't find the cable that plugs into the side of and charges the controller.
I think you can charge from the mini USB on the bottom but does anyone exactly what do I need?
They're called many different things...

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Any Android Micro USB cable will work (Micro-B). There should be one in the box..
But if you want the official usb cable its called USB Micro-A.

Also dont be fooled by looking at that small Micro USB connector on the side of the Remote Controller and thinking that any USB to Micro USB cable wont work. They will. DJI did not profile the connector on the Remote Controllers port to reflect one side being flat and long and the other side being slightly shorter.

Or said another way DJI's port on the controller is not a matched profile for the profile of the one on the Remote Controller.

Or said another way DJI's port on the controller is not a matched profile for the profile of the one on the Remote Controller.

I don't think that makes sense but.... I get what your saying. :p Loving this drone. Very compatible

I put a spot of white Liquid Paper on the top surface of the micro usb connector so that I never accidentally try to insert it in upside down and possibly damage the connector. THAT would be an EXPENSIVE no-no!:eek:

Reactions: DavidNDC
I put a spot of white Liquid Paper on the top surface of the micro usb connector so that I never accidentally try to insert it in upside down and possibly damage the connector. THAT would be an EXPENSIVE no-no!:eek:

And one that has happened several times according to pictures posted on various FaceBook groups, results in a melted connected and bricked controller.

Any Android Micro USB cable will work (Micro-B). There should be one in the box..

So I am not following what cable your talking about. I have an iPhone 4 and am using that cable.
If one of the other cables in the box will work.
What do I plug it into to charge the controller?
Sorry as this kind of stuff really isn't my thing.

So I am not following what cable your talking about. I have an iPhone 4 and am using that cable.
If one of the other cables in the box will work.
What do I plug it into to charge the controller?
Sorry as this kind of stuff really isn't my thing.

Reactions: ictguy
That's the cable that I've lost
So does anyone know what I need to purchase?
Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Just goto any nerd store, phone store, computer store, electronic store, and ask for an Android USB phone charger cable.

Didn’t think Micro-A & Micro-B were interchangeable but seems they are. Micro-B cable supplied with Mavic slots in upside down into Micro-A socket on controller but looks as if it shouldn’t fit!

Last edited:
Also dont be fooled by looking at that small Micro USB connector on the side of the Remote Controller and thinking that any USB to Micro USB cable wont work. They will. DJI did not profile the connector on the Remote Controllers port to reflect one side being flat and long and the other side being slightly shorter.

Thank you so much!!!! This is not in the user manual at all. I was getting very frustrated.

I've been looking for a replacement charging cable for my Mavic Pro remote, without result so far.
It must be a Micro USB type A. If an USB Micro B is used the charging takes hours !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580