Mav Pro
android
go4 .16
firmware.300
reloaded go4 and firmware just before this issue showed up APK site
no damage crash issue etc. ever mechanically top shape
about 50 flights
no irratic behavior
on my last , only flight , last night a red indicator showed up in the upper left of go4 screen stating BATTERY DISCHARGE IN STORAGE.
When I put the controller in the bag last night charge was 34% this AM charge is 16%.
Why is the controller discharging when turned off?

Guessing something got clicked on when I reloaded the system but I can't find it .
has anyone seen this ?
What can I do to eliminate this situation ?
i do not want to go to .400 of firmware too many issues it seems and I have enough trouble trying to enjoy this darn thing .
thanks
mikemoose55

As far as I know, the "BATTERY DISCHARGE IN STORAGE" message is displayed when the aircraft itself reports back to the controller after the aircraft has been connected, and it's referring to the aircraft battery only.

I'm not aware of any self-discharge ability for the controller.

Page 5 of the manual for the intelligent flight battery mentions this self-discharge process, but I can't find any mention in documentation for the controller.

As far as I know, the "BATTERY DISCHARGE IN STORAGE" message is displayed when the aircraft itself reports back to the controller after the aircraft has been connected, and it's referring to the aircraft battery only.

I'm not aware of any self-discharge ability for the controller.

Page 5 of the manual for the intelligent flight battery mentions this self-discharge process, but I can't find any mention in documentation for the controller.

Thank you for your reply. I could find nothing either. Oddly enough today the issue has gone away??????
Every day there is something new to on this drone. Today Litchi simply would not connect.
GO4 was OK but Litchi was off the clock all day. I can hardly wait to see what happens tomorrow:rolleyes:
mikemoose55

Could it be that you just accidentally left the remote turned when you put it away that time? I know I frequently don't quite turn the remote off - the process of tapping the power button once, then pressing and holding it down until it turns off is something I'm not used to - nothing I've ever used turns on and off that way.

I often find myself just pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds, then being surprised that it's still on, then remembering the correct process...

Could it be that you just accidentally left the remote turned when you put it away that time? I know I frequently don't quite turn the remote off - the process of tapping the power button once, then pressing and holding it down until it turns off is something I'm not used to - nothing I've ever used turns on and off that way.

I often find myself just pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds, then being surprised that it's still on, then remembering the correct process...

I am absolutely sure the controller was off . i did hit the button just to see the charge % display but after that the controller was off. Next morning turned the controller on to discover the charge had dropped from 34% to 16%.
As metioned previously that specific issue seems to have vaporized, no red bar warnings on GO4 display tonight. Got in 3 flights all good controller battery at 45% when I shut it off. Will see what it reports tomorrow.
thank you for your time & energy
mikemoose55

I am absolutely sure the controller was off . i did hit the button just to see the charge % display but after that the controller was off. Next morning turned the controller on to discover the charge had dropped from 34% to 16%.
As metioned previously that specific issue seems to have vaporized, no red bar warnings on GO4 display tonight. Got in 3 flights all good controller battery at 45% when I shut it off. Will see what it reports tomorrow.
mikemoose55
The red bar warning is to do with aircraft battery.
The Mavic batterys, if left more than 10 days (default) will automatically go into self discharge to self storage. If you see this message on your controller just turn of Mavic and restart to reset the battery and clear away message.
As for your RC losing charge it might be due to not being charged for 2 months and then you have turned it on at 32% and overnight its drained to its nominal of 16% after loosing base voltage. Just give it a good recharge to full and leave on charger an xtra half hour after charged to realign the electrons. Batterys especially lipo don't like left sitting around for long periods of time.

The red bar warning is to do with aircraft battery.
The Mavic batterys, if left more than 10 days (default) will automatically go into self discharge to self storage. If you see this message on your controller just turn of Mavic and restart to reset the battery and clear away message.
As for your RC losing charge it might be due to not being charged for 2 months and then you have turned it on at 32% and overnight its drained to its nominal of 16% after loosing base voltage. Just give it a good recharge to full and leave on charger an xtra half hour after charged to realign the electrons. Batterys especially lipo don't like left sitting around for long periods of time.

The default setting is for 10 days in the Go4 app. But it can be programmed from 1 to 10 days to start the discharge process. I have mine set a 5 days before it starts to discharge.

mikemoose55

Thanks all for your contribution of time and energy, no punn intended.
Controller battery holding up pretty good today dropped from 45%last night to 41% this morning.
Possibly this is battery re-assessment by the controller. The red bar report makes sense when associated with the drone battery.

As a side note they say you can't teach old dogs new tricks. That is not always true but it is way more difficult when the dog just can't see the trick like all this deep software / firmware stuff.
mikemoose55

I am having an issue with my controller battery not holding a charge. Charged controller and phone to 100%. Controller down to 14% before an update finishes. Playing hell with dji support to get controller replaced b4 my care refresh expires. Any ideas? Can battery be re calibrated?

Reactions: Rick0504N
The default setting is for 10 days in the Go4 app. But it can be programmed from 1 to 10 days to start the discharge process. I have mine set a 5 days before it starts to discharge.
I have mine set up to discharge at 5days also. That's the minimum the go 4 app allows, at least on my setup. I have go4 app and aircraft set up to latest software. I would like it to discharge sooner. How do you programme it to discharge from 1 to 10 days?? I get this option on the go4 app but only when the mavic is not connected. When i connect the option resorts to 5 days minimum?? Any ideas, ta.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AviewFromAbove_