DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Disconnect

Mrcollin101

Reactions
Hey all, brand new here and to the Mavic and had a bad experience today. I had the Mavic out in a field and flew it up to about 200 ft, took some pictures and brought it back down to 15 ft and was flying it around. Suddenly the app says disconnected and then within about 5 seconds the controller says disconnected. Well the Mavic continued to fly in the direction the controller had it pointed when it disconnected and hit a tree! Luckily I replaced the one prop damaged and it was good to go. Now my question is why did it react that way and what can I do to prevent it? Thank God it flew away from me but I had children around and hate to think what would have happened had it flown into them. Whole experience put a bad taste in mouth FOR SURE.

Hey all, brand new here and to the Mavic and had a bad experience today. I had the Mavic out in a field and flew it up to about 200 ft, took some pictures and brought it back down to 15 ft and was flying it around. Suddenly the app says disconnected and then within about 5 seconds the controller says disconnected. Well the Mavic continued to fly in the direction the controller had it pointed when it disconnected and hit a tree! Luckily I replaced the one prop damaged and it was good to go. Now my question is why did it react that way and what can I do to prevent it? Thank God it flew away from me but I had children around and hate to think what would have happened had it flown into them. Whole experience put a bad taste in mouth FOR SURE.
Which “Mavic”? There’s a few to choose from! And you’ll most likely get asked to post your flight data - plenty of threads on here about how to. Hope you get some help

Hey all, this happened again yesterday. Luckily I had it in GPS and not Sport mode and it RTH. I would like to upload the logs and see if anyone has any idea what is going on as at this point in time I am too afraid to fly the thing as I cannot reliably control it. If someone could point me in the right direction of how to properly get the logs uploaded that would be appreciated.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121