DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller disconnecting

Jpdavco

Reactions
Hey all! I'm piloting a Mavic mini (1), no mods of any type, using a pixel 6 pro. I have been having issues with the rc disconnecting from the controller mid flight. The only solution I have found was to disconnect the cable from my phone and reconnect it. This will bring the drone back online. While disconnected, the controller does not control the. Drone at all either.
Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Do I need a new cable or something? Thanks in advance.

Is the drone disconnected long enough, 11 seconds, to start the failsafe behaviour? If it is you MUST check the failsafe option you have set in the app, anything other than RTH is 'risky'.

First thing I would suggest is instal a screen recorder so that you can play back the screen's disconnection message, there are separate but VERY similar warnings for the phone disconnecting from the controller and the controller disconnecting from the drone. People confuse them.

Though the drone not responding does suggest controller to drone disconnection, hence my opening question.

Is the drone disconnected long enough, 11 seconds, to start the failsafe behaviour? If it is you MUST check the failsafe option you have set in the app, anything other than RTH is 'risky'.

First thing I would suggest is instal a screen recorder so that you can play back the screen's disconnection message, there are separate but VERY similar warnings for the phone disconnecting from the controller and the controller disconnecting from the drone. People confuse them.

Though the drone not responding does suggest controller to drone disconnection, hence my opening question.
I will have to take a look on what the exact message is next time I fly. It was once disconnected for a good minute with no return to home activated.

I will have to take a look on what the exact message is next time I fly. It was once disconnected for a good minute with no return to home activated.
Then I suspect that either
a) you are mistaking a controller/phone disconnection for a drone/controller disconnection, or
b) you have the failsafe response set to "hover" and most strongly suggest you change it to RTH. "Hover" has its uses but it is not really a good idea for routine flying.
Incidentally if you post a flight log it will show the failsafe setting.
See
for instructions concerning retrieval of logs.
If you are inclined to post a log, you can, from memory, post the .txt flight log here or upload it to the above site and then post the resulting URL here.

Last edited:
Hey all! I'm piloting a Mavic mini (1), no mods of any type, using a pixel 6 pro. I have been having issues with the rc disconnecting from the controller mid flight. The only solution I have found was to disconnect the cable from my phone and reconnect it. This will bring the drone back online. While disconnected, the controller does not control the. Drone at all either.
Has anyone else had this issue and found a solution? Do I need a new cable or something? Thanks in advance.
Yes. I see that from time to time. A new cable will generally greatly reduce the number of times that you see this.

good cables is a must and then back up! Things wear out or go tech on you it started with sparky for me and then on and on

good cables is a must and then back up! Things wear out or go tech on you it started with sparky for me and then on and on
By way of reference, my mini 1 is up around 800 flights and still on the original cable BUT I did fit the cable with a "cable-slider" from a Mavic 2 controller as soon as I had a spare cable-slider. Prior to doing that the cable was twisted into all sorts of shapes when trying to connect it to my micro USB phone. With the phone plug held by the cable-slider the only bending the cable receives is when the arms are opened and closed.
I know I am odd in this but I think those cable-sliders are GREAT.

A hollow rectangle of plastic that fits the groove of the left arm of the controller and slides along that groove. The phone's plug is inserted into the slider and left there. I find it makes connection my phone easy. Unfortunately these sliders were not issued with the Mavic Mini.

If you are think of looking for one be aware, they are ridiculously expensive and there are two sizes.
The larger if for a USB-C plug, the smaller is for lightning and micro USB plugs.

Last edited:
By way of reference, my mini 1 is up around 800 flights and still on the original cable BUT I did fit the cable with a "cable-slider" from a Mavic 2 controller as soon as I had a spare cable-slider. Prior to doing that the cable was twisted into all sorts of shapes when trying to connect it to my micro USB phone. With the phone plug held by the cable-slider the only bending the cable receives is when the arms are opened and closed.
I know I am odd in this but I think those cable-sliders are GREAT.
I,m an old guy how has to use a tablet but thats a good thing ,Myself i,ll just keep flying litchi mission if it dissconnects no matter works for what my drones need to do I will say if I dissconnect and it,s not auto i panic

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR