DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller fails to charge iPhone

N1BGR

Reactions
Hey everyone, new pilot here. I just got a Mini 1 last week and noticed that when plugging my iPhone into the controller, the phone vibrates like I just plugged in the power cable, and the lightning bolt appears on the phones battery indicator. The issue is that the phone only charges for about 1 second, then stops and the phone never charges during my flight. I understand that the phone charge option is gone from the DJI Fly app, however the app is supposed to charge all the time now. Is this just a bug in the app, or is there something wrong with my phone. I am using an iPhone 6S.

Happy to be here and thanks in advance.

one of the best things about using an iPhone or iPad is the fact it doesn't draw charge from the RC 's battery ,if i have a fully charged iPad i can fly 4 batteries in each of my drones and still have over 50 percent battery left in my iPad

You are correct. DJI tells me I am sorry to say that the said phone charging on the said mobile device can not be turned off. The reason why your mobile device ( Tripltek ) is discharging your DJI remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803