DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller freezing, can't turn off, just beeps

AlexMavic36

Reactions
Hi all,

My controller is freezing and when I try to turn it off it just beeps and the fan keens going. This is the 3rd time I have to wait until the battery full drains for it to turn itself off.

I turned off my mavic then went to turn off my controller and it wouldn't turn off. Still had the phone plugged in but no luck. Quite frustrating. Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

When I connect it to the phone it can still fly the mavic but the RC screen is frozen.

Cheers

I read the title of this thread and thought you had a temperature problem.. :D

Have you tried reinstalling the controller firmware?

Have you chatted with DJI about this?

Probably. Stupid suggestion - but can't hurt. How about unplugging from the side port and if that doesn't fix it perhaps try a combo of plugging a USB cable into the bottom port. As I said - may be a waste of time but worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The first push seemed to only be one button push. I know this sounds stupid, but try double tapping the first time.

Hi all,

My controller is freezing and when I try to turn it off it just beeps and the fan keens going. This is the 3rd time I have to wait until the battery full drains for it to turn itself off.

I turned off my mavic then went to turn off my controller and it wouldn't turn off. Still had the phone plugged in but no luck. Quite frustrating. Has anyone got a solution to this problem?

When I connect it to the phone it can still fly the mavic but the RC screen is frozen.

From your video you're not doing the shutoff sequence correctly.
One brief tap, let go, then hold down the button.

Reactions: 28mm and Piloto
@AlexMavic36 As others have stated it looks like you are not performing the on/off maneuver correctly. Please hold the button a 2nd time after the brief tap.

Thanks for everyone's replies, I did do the tap and then hold the second time in the video and after but it still beeped, so I let the battery drain to zero and even after the battery had depleted, the screen was still on and showing half written word of "discon" the fan had turned off but screen was stuck on for a while longer.

Charged it up this morning, it was showing charging correctly. unplugged it and now it's 100% non responsive. wont show charge or turn on at all just the back light stays on. I called the store and they said they will send it off to DJI for inspection or repair.

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's replies, I did do the tap and then hold the second time in the video and after but it still beeped, so I let the battery drain to zero and even after the battery had depleted, the screen was still on and showing half written word of "discon" the fan had turned off but screen was stuck on for a while longer.

Charged it up this morning, it was showing charging correctly. unplugged it and now it's 100% non responsive. wont show charge or turn on at all just the back light stays on. I called the store and they said they will send it off to DJI for inspection or repair.
Well at least you can still fly with your phone.

Ok cool, I was concerned I had it too high for WiFi so I didn't push it just encase but that gives me confidence I can push the limit until it the device stops me from going further. Thanks.

Have you tried connecting by USB to to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or Mac and updating the firmware? Worth a try and might bring it back to life. I'd be trying that before sending it off for repair.

Reactions: Anthonytoyo
Have you tried connecting by USB to to DJI Assistant 2 on a PC or Mac and updating the firmware? Worth a try and might bring it back to life. I'd be trying that before sending it off for repair.
That's a good idea. The firmware could have corrupted. Connect the controller directly to the computer and do a firmware reset. That might just fix your problem.

That's a good idea. The firmware could have corrupted. Connect the controller directly to the computer and do a firmware reset. That might just fix your problem.
Good idea but the controller won't send any signal to PC via USB to DJI assistant 2. It's totaled.

Great news all, thank you for your feedback.

After 3 days the backlight turned off and then I connected to my computer and was able to reupdate the firmware and it's working again. Hopefully this thread can help anyone down the track that runs into the same issue.

Nice one.
Your experience will surely be helpful to someone down the track.

Does anyone else's controller deiced not to turn off at all even after 30 minutes in an air conditioned room to cool down?

Here's the current situation.

Whats the deal, is this controller freezing normal for everyone's controller out in the sun for an hour?

I have to wait until the battery flattens before the screen will be reactive again. As you know a refreshed the firmware successfully recently, still problems.

Same for anyone?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair