DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller freezing, can't turn off, just beeps

Does anyone else's controller deiced not to turn off at all even after 30 minutes in an air conditioned room to cool down?

Same for anyone?
Yeah same **** here (((

Even worse (at least it seems so )

So here is my story long:

0) two or three days ago i did a latest firmware update via iphone GJI GO 4 app

Right now i am at Thailand on a vacation. Before all this happens it was P-mode with active track mode enabled, i fly 20 minutes or so around a beach shooting myself to try active-track mode

1) i used active tracking during flight

2) i landed mavic on my hand with autoland feature and shutdown motors with pulling both sticks down and inwards

3) after that, remote was found in state like if it still get flight data from drone (it shows that it has some altitude and speed and "ACTIVE TRACK" message was scrolling through remote's screen)

4) i was able to start and stop motors with remote in this state (but i did not fly anywhere, just test that i can do it)

5) then i shut down Mavic and start trying to shut down the remote
but all i get was exactly like in your video
(same sound)

6) after 30 minutes or so, remote beeps and switch to "CONNECTING" mode, but still it was not shutting down, whatever i did

7) i pushing all the buttons and when i push C1, C2, pause and POWER buttons for some time – remote start to do shutting down sequence but WEEEEERY slowly, and stuck displaying "SNELTINC" message (see the attached photo)

FullSizeRender.jpg_2017-03-15_13-02-49.png

So here i am now: in Thailand but with bricked remote and wi-fi- only controlled drone on a short leash

I contacted DJI support but all they say was "Can you send it for repair through our email at [email protected]"

i think i will need to buy a spare remote for the rest of vacation..

Last edited:
Thailand has excellent DJI service centers, especially in Bangkok. They really care about you. You should look one up and pay them a visit. I'm sure they'll help you out.

Thailand has excellent DJI service centers, especially in Bangkok. They really care about you. You should look one up and pay them a visit. I'm sure they'll help you out.
unfortunately our next stop is Singapore, right from Phi-Phi so we are missing BKK...

Being closely Chinese, they may have service centers too. You should check.
yeah, i found DJI certified service center at Singapore, but it will be next week when i get there. Pity that i will miss so many great shots here at Krabi )

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead