DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller issue in mode 2 right stick in normal mode

lelapinblanc

Reactions
DJI air 2s issue

On 3 occasions out of 20 or more flights over the last 2 months (it's intermittent) there are issues with the right stick on a standard controller in mode 2.

In normal mode the roll left or right on the controller has no effect on the drone.
In normal mode the pitch to the rear has the desired affect on the drone, but forward pitch causes altitude increase on drone.

Switching to either sport or cine mode when this issue occurs, causes the controls and drone behave normally.

The drone is within 50' of the controller and below 20'.

This occurs irrespective of the level of charge on the battery, and occurs with several battery changes.

Turning off the drone and the controller sometimes corrects the problem, but not always.

I’m seeing similar issues with the Smart Controller. When I pull right stick to the right, the Air 2S gains altitude. Makes it tough to do a manual landing. Just started seeing this with Fly 1.4.8. Not an impressive release.

Last edited:
I think I’ve got it. Just felt today the same again, and that hapens near by trees or walls. When I’ve turn off the obstacle avoidance system, just stops. The right stick control runs perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu