DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller lost contact with drone on first flight

up_north

Reactions
Hi all

OK - not really first flight as I've been 'playing' in garden. But first full flight in a large, open field. All was going really well but then the controller lost all contact with the drone (red LED on controller flashing) which was only about 40ft in front of me and maybe 30ft high. No control, no video. Fortunately it RTH'ed and hovered and I rebooted controller and could land it. Not very confidence inspiring on my first time out though.

Contact loss seemed to coincide with me receiving a WhatsApp message on my phone. And although I can sort of understand why that MIGHT affect DJI Go, I can't believe it would affect the controller. In any case I couldn't recreate that loss of contact when receiving a WhatsApp message later. So maybe it was just a coincidence and the loss of contact was due to interference - but was a bit heart-stopping.

Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar and how they resolved it?

Thanks you.

Ian

Losing the video feed and DJI Go4 crashing is quite normal. It is helped by using aeroplane mode and having no other apps running. See other threads for advice on using android devices with go4 and start up order etc. Also change the cable for an Anker and use bottom full size USB port on controller - the top one is not good. In fact, buy a magnetic connector for charging that one.

Never had a loss of control on the CONTROLLER.

My SOP for a Go4 crash is

1) don't panic
2) unplug the tablet from the controller
3) close all apps
4) replug in the cable
5) go4 will start up due to plug and play
6) go4 will offer Go Fly and you click and you will reconnect

PM me if you want to chat.

Hi
Thanks for your replies - greatly appreciated. Been doing some more flying in the same area with airplane mode on and no repeat. Bruce - thanks for the tips - I’m using iPhone 8, not Android, But considering iPad Mini.
Ian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdjtutt