DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller not charging correctly

Bones311

Reactions
Hello, My Mavic Mini controller does not seem to be charging correctly. Looks like it is for a few seconds then indicates full for a few seconds, then starts to charge again for a few seconds, then full again. This keeps repeating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Try a different micro usb cable, check the usb port for damage the tab inside could be bent or broken.
Make sure you insert the plug the right way up as the tab is located in the lower half of the port

Reactions: Thomas B
Try a different micro usb cable, check the usb port for damage the tab inside could be bent or broken.
Make sure you insert the plug the right way up as the tab is located in the lower half of the port
Thank you.
Tried all that. I also drained the battery by charging my phone, took less than 10 minutes. Charged controller again as far as I could, took only a few minutes and drained again in about 5 minutes . I think it's gone . Trouble is, cant find a new controller on DJI.

Thank you.
Tried all that. I also drained the battery by charging my phone, took less than 10 minutes. Charged controller again as far as I could, took only a few minutes and drained again in about 5 minutes . I think it's gone . Trouble is, cant find a new controller on DJI.

You could try replacing the battery in the RC, cheaper than buying a new remote.

Looks like it is for a few seconds then indicates full for a few seconds, then starts to charge again for a few seconds, then full again. This keeps repeating.

You could try replacing the battery in the RC, cheaper than buying a new remote.

Is your drone still within the original warranty period (1 year)? If so, contact DJI rather than opening it up to fix it yourself.

Was the RC powered off when you put it on charge? Does the charger put out sufficient power? I get that kind of response with my M2 car charger if the car is not fully on. The 6A current draw off of the car drops the voltage low enough when the AC battery actually starts charging that the charger cuts off. Then with the load removed, the charger turns on again.

Second hand controller from Ebay perhaps, I have bought stuff off the seller of USED Original DJI Mavic Mini Drone Remote Controller transmitter From Combo | eBay and from memory he was quick and the stuff worked etc.

Don't know about this seller DJI Mavic Mini remote controller | eBay
and they appear to be new but if it doesn't work you could always send it back at their expense. Just make sure it is the correct model, probably MR1SD25, and if you can get them to tell you the serial number if it is visible

£38 (BIN)+ P&P dji mavic mini remote controller | eBay and it might be worth asking if the mini case is included .......lol...... since it features in every photo

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme