DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller not charging

flyinghighbro

Reactions
Hi
just wondering if it's obvious that my port is broken? It's always had a bit of a bend in the top metal bracket but used to charge fine nonetheless.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/WgXr71P3YR8fgyVQ6

I've tried 4 other cables (micro usb TYPE B) and different USB ports but no luck charging it.

Would it help to try charging it with a TYPE A, before I go down road to warranty?

thanks for any tips!

I cant tell from your pictures because the first 2 are too bright and the last 2 are out of focus. If your port is moving at all, or if there is movement in the micro USB "tongue" inside the port of the controller, or if it is laying on the top or bottom of the port, then it's time for a warranty repair before something shorts out.

Reactions: flyinghighbro
Can you take a picture of the port from maybe 3 or 4 inches away? Just the port.

EDIT: The tongue looks like it might in in the correct position but it looks a little bit chewed up.

Micro USB controller.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: flyinghighbro
Ok. I'll try some canned air on it, then alcohol swab and failing that will round up a micro A type cable to test it.

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks like the wrong plug has been forced in at least once. Make sure you use the right cord with the rectangular end NOT the one that works in an android phone. The tab is in a different spot!

Reactions: Former Member
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000