DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Problem

Hiker Lee

Reactions
My controller battery will not charge. I have it plugged in and when I turn it on it says"connecting" but will not charge. I've only flown it 4 times on the training mode. Any suggestions?

My controller battery will not charge. I have it plugged in and when I turn it on it says"connecting" but will not charge. I've only flown it 4 times on the training mode. Any suggestions?
Try a different cord if you haven’t yet. When I plug mine in to charge it is off when I plug in the cable. It will then only give you a charging message and the % charged. Which port on the controller were you using?

Reactions: brett8883
Try a different cord if you haven’t yet. When I plug mine in to charge it is off when I plug in the cable. It will then only give you a charging message and the % charged. Which port on the controller were you using?
You don't turn it on to charge it . When you turn it on it's looking for the drone to connect to. Leave it of connect to micro USB top left side and turn charger on not the RC

I'm using the small one on the left side. I am using the iPhone cable. Another poster suggested I try a different cable.I think that might be a good idea.

I'm a bit confused here. You are using the iPhone cable? Plugging that into the small port on the left side of the RC? I believe it actually needs a Micro USB cable. In any case, the cable supplied with the charger (about 12-18 inches long) is the one you want to use. Plug the large standard USB cable into the charger and plug the other smaller end into the RC.

As someone already said, don't turn the RC on; you leave it off to charge it. When you connect that supplied charge cable from the charger to the RC, the RC should display "Charging".

I'm a bit confused here. You are using the iPhone cable? Plugging that into the small port on the left side of the RC? I believe it actually needs a Micro USB cable. In any case, the cable supplied with the charger (about 12-18 inches long) is the one you want to use. Plug the large standard USB cable into the charger and plug the other smaller end into the RC.

As someone already said, don't turn the RC on; you leave it off to charge it. When you connect that supplied charge cable from the charger to the RC, the RC should display "Charging".

Some newer iPhone cables are the mini thin ones and they do plug into the controller but the cantacts are not good so I dumped that idea. I did find one with a USB-B end that I was able to get plugged in and the controller is now charging. It makes a satisfactory fit but I think that Mavic should be able to come up with something better in the future.

Some newer iPhone cables are the mini thin ones and they do plug into the controller but the cantacts are not good so I dumped that idea. I did find one with a USB-B end that I was able to get plugged in and the controller is now charging. It makes a satisfactory fit but I think that Mavic should be able to come up with something better in the future.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki