DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller right stick possible issue?

AutonomousGnome

Reactions
I did a search and couldn’t find anything specific to this, this is my first DJI drone, I’m guessing this isn’t normal (sound might not work Click here if not)

Basically pulling the right stick to the left has a distinctive click and down left almost a slight grind.

not a great start if not :confused:

b31ZG4t.mp4

Without hesitation, back in the box, all of it, the whole kit.
Glad that I’m hanging back on this one. Gathering info from all the issues that all the folks are having on the first run of these.

When did you order and when is it expected? I may just order one from them whilst I sort out the return on this.

My logic was I’m only here in Ireland temporarily for about 12 months, so thought ordering international would be the better option. ?

When did you order and when is it expected? I may just order one from them whilst I sort out the return on this.

My logic was I’m only here in Ireland temporarily for about 12 months, so thought ordering international would be the better option. ?
I've ordered yesterday, DPD got tracking already so might get it tomorrow

lol looks like you must have got the last one, website saying next stock available 25th May

ffs I may just return it and leave it until they release the certified version, I’ve already been waiting a year for this, what’s a bit longer. ? fml

Reactions: crosswired
Send it back ASAP. I had put up with intermittant controller problems with my Mavic air 1 until a couple of weeks ago I just gave up and sent it in.
They're replacing the control modules on the left and right stick and the gimbal control. 100 bucks..
I don't mind the charge but I've had several unsatisfactory telephone calls with support, and it was like pulling teeth to just get a repair order. One guy wanted detailed photos of all the equiptment. sooooooo send it back :)
My drone and controller were pristine by the way.

Reactions: AutonomousGnome
That’s a real bummer. It was agonizing waiting for mine to arrive. If I then had to send it back from a problem like this I’d be pretty upset.

That’s definitely an issue though. Not supposed to be like that....

Send the entire kit back and insist that you receive a 100% problem free unit in return with the promise that you’ll never purchase another DJI product again if they don’t. If they have to send the unit through another round of QC before shipping it to you, so be it..

This is an $800 (or $1000) piece of equipment. DJI generally is an exception when it comes to QC expectations from a Chinese product, being uncharacteristically higher quality. But perhaps they’re just not QUITE on par with western consumer expectations quite yet.. I’ve noticed little things, such as little blemishes on the plastic despite it being pristine new out of the box...

Last edited:
Reactions: crosswired
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arny