DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller unstable, keeps disconnecting Pre flight

darwinz

Reactions
Hello guys,

I got my Mavic 2 Pro yesterday and things were fine, flew it , recorded a bit and all in all everything was good.

Today switched on my mavic preparing for my 2nd flight and suddenly the controller is not stable, it keeps disconnecting, haven’t been able to fly it at all now, what’s happening is that it connects for a sec or 2 sec and then it disconnects again.
I tried everything from guides over the website/YouTube videos. Uninstall app re install, downgrade/upgrade and even refresh firmware. Nothing is have fixed it.

It seems if I move my location a bit around the plane makes its connect but again just for a sec or 2 maximum then it disconnects again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Can you describe what is disconnecting? There are times when the controller disconnects from teh drone, and then RTH. Other times, the controller disconnects from the device you are using, and the device goes gray and shows disconnected.

What is disconnecting is the controller to the plane.. Controller to phone is fine its showing in the app as connected. I havent started the flight yet, its still in ground.

And yes i tried many different cables same results, i have also tried connecting the controller to the plane without phone connected just to see if things will connect, also same.

moving around does seem to make it connect with 1 or 2 signal bars but then again when i just barley move somewhere else it disconnects again.

I just checked with another controller that I borrowed from a friend and it does seem to connect perfectly fine with that.

Seems that I got a faulty controller and DJI support says I need to send it back for replacement which can take up to 1 month + paying for shipment.
Will have to wait for a month or so now to use my newly purchased drone.

Man this is so annoying and a let down.

Last edited:
Darwin: My sincere condolences, I know how upset I would be in your shoes. But, it does sound like a problematic RC and if so, I hope DJI gets a new one back to you sooner than you think. Hang in there.

Did you buy direct from DJI or an authorized dealer? If from dealer, could you return for replacement quicker than dealing with DJI?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb