DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

controller usb port worries me...

palo34

Reactions
It is so badly designed, that today, I have to wiggle it, to charge it with the same plug that came with the drone. I am really worried, and I am posting this because, this, along with the material of the propellers, are two very big flaws in he design of this helicopter.

Reactions: LankALank
Here is another thread on this issue you might read.

After using the DJ I provided cable just one time I quit. I now have aftermarket cables at right angles so you cannot mistakingly put it in the wrong way. They’re so much smoother than the tight fit of the DJI cable. I only use two, specific for the mini, one for flight, the other for charging. I don’t trust the port either. So far so good.

the downside of the side micro port on the MM controller is the fact that it is the only one there is, at least on the larger mavics it is possible to use the USB port at the bottom of the controller for connecting to your screen device,this means extra care has to be used when plugging and unplugging cables from the port i have marked all mine so i know which way up the connector is before i plug it in it has been a weakness on all controllers for a long time

Well that’s only half the issue as you still have to unplug it
to hook up your device. Been trying to find those magnetic
plugs like I use with my M2P and you just leave it in.
Cant find em. Been using one on my controller since I saw them posted here and never take it out. Course you have to have one with the usb on one end and another one for your device but would solve that problem.

This is not unique to the MM USB connector. It is endemic to almost all DJI controllers’ USB ports.

Be careful.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580