DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller Vibration

Lets Fly

Reactions
Only my third flight with this drone and after a while I get a vibration in the controller sort of the same as a cell phone but not as strong.
I have checked around but did not see anything on this except possibly a warning while landing. I did not see anything in the manual on this.
Anyone have the info for this??

The controller vibrates when you get certain alerts, such as obstacle warnings. App usually beeps like crazy at the same time but if your device volume is turned down, you won't hear the alert beeps.

Reactions: Bobvt
The controller vibrates when you get certain alerts, such as obstacle warnings. App usually beeps like crazy at the same time but if your device volume is turned down, you won't hear the alert beeps.
I believe I was higher up when it started, I will check that again. itsneedtokno in the 3rd post mentions ADS-B from aircraft. I did not see anything around, but, since I know nothing about that, I will check this out also.

It could be OA, or a very close Airplane with ADS-B.
Just found this.

All new DJI drone models released after January 1, 2020 that weigh more than 250 grams will include AirSense technology, which receives ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters and warns drone pilots if they appear to be on a collision course. This will be the largest single deployment of ADS-B collision awareness technology to date, and sets a new standard by putting professional-grade aviation safety technology in drones available to everyone.
AirSense can detect airplanes and helicopters from miles away, farther than a drone pilot can hear or see them, and displays their locations on the screen of the pilot’s remote controller. It has previously been available only on some professional-grade DJI drones, and this video explains how it will work in consumer drones as well.
The Mavic Air2 came with it, and the controller can vibrate, plus a signal on the screen. I just purchased my M2Z last week, so that may be the answer.

Just found this.

All new DJI drone models released after January 1, 2020 that weigh more than 250 grams will include AirSense technology, which receives ADS-B signals from nearby airplanes and helicopters and warns drone pilots if they appear to be on a collision course. This will be the largest single deployment of ADS-B collision awareness technology to date, and sets a new standard by putting professional-grade aviation safety technology in drones available to everyone.
AirSense can detect airplanes and helicopters from miles away, farther than a drone pilot can hear or see them, and displays their locations on the screen of the pilot’s remote controller. It has previously been available only on some professional-grade DJI drones, and this video explains how it will work in consumer drones as well.
The Mavic Air2 came with it, and the controller can vibrate, plus a signal on the screen. I just purchased my M2Z last week, so that may be the answer.
I wonder if they will have a retrofit. I woild definetly like to have this. If dji wont do it maybe a third party service company can figure out a workaround.

It could be OA, or a very close Airplane with ADS-B.
The first time your ADS-B goes off you know it - the controller shakes like crazy and beeps and announcements start going off on your screen. Scared the crap out of me the first time, but I got the warning about 10 seconds before I heard or could see the plane.

Reactions: Bobvt
The first time your ADS-B goes off you know it - the controller shakes like crazy and beeps and announcements start going off on your screen. Scared the crap out of me the first time, but I got the warning about 10 seconds before I heard or could see the plane.
What drone?

Oh... there I go again thinking everyone has the same drone that I do... sorry :)

Mavic Air 2 - I think this is currently the only DJI drone with ADS-B ... and man, like I said, when that sucker goes off there is no ignoring it.
Yes the Mavic Air 2 has that. As I said above DJI has placed that in all (NEW DRONE MODELS) released after Jan. 1st 2020. So my M2Z is new to me, but not a new model,
so my vibration in my controller may be from something else. I will be flying later to see if occurs again.

any chance its the cooling fan in the RC?
Good question, I never felt that with my Mavic Air, so I'll have to ask that in the general forum. I would think I would have seen or heard that before.
Thanks

Reactions: Bop
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flonke