DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

manoslinh

Reactions
Problem? Controller is not charging

Was unit in a crash? no

What have you tried so far?: connecting the usb-c to the Mavic charger USB port from the one end and the controller USB port (the one on the left, where the phone connects) on the other side.

What device are you using? I haven’t used it yet

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? I just bought it, I can’t update the firmware before charging it I guess.

What Go app version are you using? newest version (GO 4 latest update)

Any modification? No

Did you change anything or install any apps? No

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
No but I can give a description. It blinks six times (every 0.5 seconds) then it blinks several times faster than that and then it stops. Only the first LED of the controller’s battery level is blinking. If I disconnect and try to turn it on (following the same pattern with turning on the drone) it will turn on and immediately off.

What? USB C to the RC charging port? Oh No.... It's a micro USB. Use the converted USB adaptor I'd you not have normal Micro USB cable.

Sounds like the wrong cable? Make sure you dont damage the small micro USB port in the RC by inserting the wrong connector upside down! There is a small tab inside that is offset to one side! If you force the cable in wrong, it will break off and you are done for!

Reactions: Soonerdrone
What? USB C to the RC charging port? Oh No.... It's a micro USB. Use the converted USB adaptor I'd you not have normal Micro USB cable.
Hi! Thank you for your reply. I am using the USB to USB-C cable provided, connecting the USB side to the DJI charger USB port and the USB-C side to the adaptor and the adaptor to the micro-USB port of the RC. I am sorry if my description was not very clear.

Sounds like the wrong cable? Make sure you dont damage the small micro USB port in the RC by inserting the wrong connector upside down! There is a small tab inside that is offset to one side! If you force the cable in wrong, it will break off and you are done for!

Hi! Thank you for your reply. I am do not think I am using the wrong cable. I am using the USB->USB-C cable and the USB-C -> micro-USB adaptor. I am not forcing the cable in, it enters smoothly.

Well, If not the cable, or the charger, it must be a bad controller.....
Have you tried connecting another USB device to the charger to see if it is working?
Like your phone or something?

Well, If not the cable, or the charger, it must be a bad controller.....
Have you tried connecting another USB device to the charger to see if it is working?
Like your phone or something?

Yes, I tried, the charger and the cable work correctly. I will have to return it.

Hi everyone!

The issue was solved. The controller was being charged but the LEDs were not blinking. After charging it without the LEDs blinking, I updated the firmware and everything is working now properly. I don't know why and how, I am just posting it for future reference, hoping it will prove useful for other people facing this issue. Thank you for all the support!

I need help this is what going on rightnow

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem?
No but I can give a description. It blinks six times (every 0.5 seconds) then it blinks several times faster than that and then it stops. Only the first LED of the controller’s battery level is blinking. If I disconnect and try to turn it on (following the same pattern with turning on the drone) it will turn on and immediately off.

Just a suggestion regarding charging the RC: that port in the top left is the ONLY way to charge the controller, and trying to insert the wrong connector into it runs the risk of damaging the port.
To reduce the risk of damage, I don’t use the adapter at all. I use ONLY the full size USB connector on the bottom of the controller to connect to my iPhone for data. For charging, I bought a separate cable that has a reversible microUSD connector (from Amazon), so you don’t have to worry about damaging the fragile port, by trying to to plug in the wrong connector, or plugging in upside down.

I HAD THE same PROBLEM with my new product. My fix was to put the USB to the main adapter in just 50, 70 percent... and it charged. Check that to. So you dont wait for a new controller while it is the adapter input itself

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser