DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Controller

Is that hard?

you turn the remote and drone on then go into the remote setting to link drone. remote will start beeping then you press and hold the power button on the drone for a few seconds it too will beep then the remote stops beeping and say linking complete and you should see image from drone on screen. its not hard but needs to be done each and every time you switch

which would be a problem if you didn't have an internet connection....correct?
The internet connection is only needed if you want to undo bindings and make new bindings.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the idea that the smart controller will, once it has been linked to a drone, remembers that linking and, even if used with another drone in between times, it still remembers the linking and will automatically link to the drone when not actively linked to another controller.

Compatibity = DJI Smart Controller - DJI
Manual = https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/smart controller/20210930/DJI_Smart_Controller_User_Manual_EN_202109.pdf

Last edited:
The internet connection is only needed if you want to undo bindings and make new bindings.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but isn't it the idea that the smart controller will, once it has been linked to a drone, remembers that linking and, even if used with another drone in between times, it still remembers the linking and will automatically link to the drone when not actively linked to another controller.

Compatibity = DJI Smart Controller - DJI
Manual = https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/smart controller/20210930/DJI_Smart_Controller_User_Manual_EN_202109.pdf
The smart controller can be paired to only one aircraft at a time and that is what some say is a PIA. You add aircraft in AIRCREFT MANAGEMENT but if you change aircraft you MUST PAIR every time.

Or you can get a used smart controller for less.

Just a point, eBay's T&C over rules any conditions placed in the abvert by the seller ...... or at least they do in the UK and it seems that ebay's definition of used is

"Used: An item that has been used previously. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or store return that has been used. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections. See all condition definitions"

This is what I meant.
I'm not positive, but it looks like each time he switches drones, the controller reboots and it may be that part of the reboot requires an internet connection

that video is also over 3 years old and I thought I recall somebody saying that an update of the DJI Fly app made it next to impossible to switch between drones without an internet connection. But maybe that's wrong

I'd wonder if the RC-Pro allows you to have several drones bound at the same time and to be able to switch between them without internet. I spend a lot of time in remote areas without any internet at all. So any block on switching would be a non-starter

I think the reboot is due to it switching apps, between possibly Pilot and Go4 and back to Pilot. As far as I saw he did not have to trigger linking on any of the drones
I have certainly switched a lesser controller, an RC231, between 3 mini 2s and wifi was unavailable and switched off, and the phone has no sim card but with each swap I had to trigger linking on both the drone and the controller.

Is my understanding that the switch is because the controller needs to set the firmware according to the drone. Each of the technologies has a different amount of dbm of transmission power and the controller to complain with FCC/CE specs for each unit needs to be adjusted. This is why an Allientech or booster is illegal since the change in the specs of transmission from the FCC/CE license for the unit. If any expert can confirm the statement will be appreciated. I know there is more technology involved on this other then the power that transmit but this explain why they change firmware each time you change from drone to drone.

• Video Transmission System​

• DJI RC adopts OcuSync HD video transmission technology. When connected to other compatible drone models, DJI RC will switch to the corresponding video transmission technology.
    With different aircraft hardware, the corresponding video transmission specifications are as follows:
    DJI Mini 3 Pro: O3
    DJI Mavic 3 Classic: O3+
    DJI Mavic 3: O3+
    DJI Mavic 3 Cine: O3+
    DJI Air 2S: O3
  • Max. Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)​

• DJI Mini 3 Pro: 12 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    DJI Mavic 3 Classic: 15 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    DJI Mavic 3: 15 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    DJI Mavic 3 Cine: 15 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    DJI Air 2S: 12 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
  • Operating Frequency*​

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz; 5.725-5.850 GHz
  • Antennas​

• 2 antennas, 1T2R
  • Transmitter Power (EIRP)​

• 2.400-2.4835 GHz: <26 dBm (FCC), <20 dBm (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    5.725-5.850 GHz: <26 dBm (FCC), <23 dBm (SRRC), <14 dBm (CE)

Last edited:

Ocusync 2.0​

Protocol2.4GHZ5.8GHzMax Transmission BitrateLatency (Depending On Environmental Conditions)
FCC≤26 dBm≤26 dBm12mbps720p@30fps/1080@p30fps ≤ 120ms
CE ≤20 dBm ≤14 dBm12mbps720p@30fps/1080@p30fps ≤ 120ms
SRRC ≤20 dBm ≤26 dBm12mbps720p@30fps/1080@p30fps ≤ 120ms
MIC ≤20 dBm 12mbps720p@30fps/1080@p30fps ≤ 120ms

OcuSync 3.0

Protocol2.4GHZ5.8GHzMax Transmission BitrateLatency (Depending On Environmental Conditions)
FCC31.5dBm31.5dBm50mbpsLow-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms
CE ≤20 dBm ≤14 dBm50mbpsLow-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms
SRRC ≤20 dBm ≤25.5 dBm50mbpsLow-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms
MIC ≤20 dBm 50mbpsLow-Latency Mode: 810p/120fps ≤ 28ms High-Quality Mode: 810p/60fps ≤ 40ms

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
instaproapk