DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Converting DJI jpeg images to be used in Flir thermal studio

SladeSteele07

Reactions
Does anybody know how I would convert the jpeg images from the thermal camera on the mavic 2 enterprises advanced so it can be used in the Flir thermal studio software? The DJI thermal software is so bad and the flir studio software is great but it won't read the jpegs from my camera.

Very frustrating but as discussed several times on this forum, DJI is protecting its high thermal imaging platforms so there isn't any way approved by DJI to use FLIR tools. Maybe someones hacked the system but not aware of it.

I can't use the TIFF in FLIR studio, unfortunately. I don't understand whey DJI has a proprietary file type when their thermographic software is so poorly designed. I think I will have to go with a different drone. Big bummer

I can't use the TIFF in FLIR studio, unfortunately. I don't understand whey DJI has a proprietary file type when their thermographic software is so poorly designed. I think I will have to go with a different drone. Big bummer
Aetha's solution will not work in FLIR Studio?
They claim so on their website.
If that is the case they really need to update their website to reflect that, as the software is a tad on the pricey side, and if it cannot do what they claim, is really overpriced and misleading at the same time.

I downloaded the trial and I gave it a shot. It does work, but not converting to the Tiff format. I just converted to the other JPEG and it worked in FLIR studio.

HI, old thread i know, but im looking at this Athea converter. I intend to convert and run in WebODM. Does anyone have experience with the converter and/or using it with WebODM?

Thanks
mike

Does anybody know how I would convert the jpeg images from the thermal camera on the mavic 2 enterprises advanced so it can be used in the Flir thermal studio software? The DJI thermal software is so bad and the flir studio software is great but it won't read the jpegs from my camera.

Good, I use this system for the conversion because it is essential for me when generating mosaics. The good thing is that it is a cloud solution.

I know this is an old question, but did anyone find another solution besides the ones listed above? I need to process the images in Flir Thermal Studio. Thanks!

Hurry and buy as they seem to raise their prices every so often.

590 Euros ($645 as of this date)

$199 Monthly, $299 Annually

$995

Hurry and buy as they seem to raise their prices every so often.

590 Euros ($645 as of this date)

$199 Monthly, $299 Annually

$995
I would double check with Atygeo on FLIR Thermal Tools though. Some of these converters are only making a RJPEG into an RTIFF and not making them compatible with FLIR software.

Hi Guys, I want to share my findings, here I made a simple tool with gui that let you convert any type of DJI thermal image into a Tiff image with one band containing temperature in celsius.
I made it using the DJI thermal SDK and python.
It is Hosted on my website and packaged as a self extracting .exe with 7zip,
I needed to package it because it needs part of the Dji sdk as dependency.
just download it, run(extract) where you want, and after extraction open the GUI that is the file called: "DJI Image Processor.exe"

1702407885143.png
this is the GUI.
It works with all dji models supported by the DJI Thermal SDK

This is the link: https://miro-rava.com/documents/DJI_Image_Processor.exe

Note: The section called"DJI Air 2 -Frame Extractor" was used for another purpose: (extracting geotagged frames from Air 2 videos giving as input a starting altitude)

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi Guys, I want to share my findings, here I made a simple tool with gui that let you convert any type of DJI thermal image into a Tiff image with one band containing temperature in celsius.
I made it using the DJI thermal SDK and python.
It is Hosted on my website and packaged as a self extracting .exe with 7zip,
I needed to package it because it needs part of the Dji sdk as dependency.
just download it, run(extract) where you want, and after extraction open the GUI that is the file called: "DJI Image Processor.exe"

View attachment 170975
this is the GUI.
It works with all dji models supported by the DJI Thermal SDK

This is the link: https://miro-rava.com/documents/DJI_Image_Processor.exe

Note: The section called"DJI Air 2 -Frame Extractor" was used for another purpose: (extracting geotagged frames from Air 2 videos giving as input a starting altitude)
Hey,
I get an error trying to install it:

Cannot open the file as [7z] archive Unexpected end of data

Hey,
I get an error trying to install it:

Cannot open the file as [7z] archive Unexpected end of data
Hi, this is the first time i get this complaint, it means that the download wasn't complete probably,

there is a chance that it didn't complete because either google or your antivirus flagged the file as dangerous,
unfortunately since it is a side project it has no certificate, so the antiviruses flagg it as virus.

to fix you need to make sure it is downloaded entirely and not truncated and when extracting pause temporarily your antivirus

the extracted folder should look like this:
1705260556879.png

Thanks for your very fast replay. Last week I tried downloading it several times on different occaisons and it always was very slow, around 50kb/s. I suspect that this had something to do with the error I got.

I downloaded it again today and now everything works as expected. I did not have to change anything.

Thanks a lot for creating this, I will test it out some more in the next days.

Best regards
Hannes

Thanks for your very fast replay. Last week I tried downloading it several times on different occaisons and it always was very slow, around 50kb/s. I suspect that this had something to do with the error I got.

I downloaded it again today and now everything works as expected. I did not have to change anything.

Thanks a lot for creating this, I will test it out some more in the next days.

Best regards
Hannes
Good To know that now it works.
If you are interested (I don't know if you use agisoft metashape) in converting the images into an orthomosaic or a 3D model with temperature data, at this link you will find the complete procedure i posted this morning.

this is my workflow in metashape: DJI Thermal Images Processing (converter to .tiff) SOLVED!

for any other questions don't hesitate to contact me!

Reactions: mikegrad
Good To know that now it works.
If you are interested (I don't know if you use agisoft metashape) in converting the images into an orthomosaic or a 3D model with temperature data, at this link you will find the complete procedure i posted this morning.

this is my workflow in metashape: DJI Thermal Images Processing (converter to .tiff) SOLVED!

for any other questions don't hesitate to contact me!
this is really cool, thank you.! and the fact you include the src code is so helpful - have you considered hosting this on github and turning it into an open source project?

this is really cool, thank you.! and the fact you include the src code is so helpful - have you considered hosting this on github and turning it into an open source project?
Hi, thanks for the compliments,
Yes, I'm planning on uploading it to github soon, in this way others can improve the tool too.

My final goal is to turn it into a general DJI utility tool with also other functionalities, like the already present georeferenced video frame extractor for mavic air 2 (very useful for general photogrammetry)

I will upload it to github as soon as possible!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998