DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Converting H265 to H264

RobW01

Reactions
I normally edit my drone videos on an iPad Pro (2017, 2nd gen) with LumaFusion. It handles 4k at 24 to 30fps without issue. This week I shot some 4k/60fps on a new drone, without realising it was in H265. Can’t import it to the iPad using the Apple connector and SD card holder, but it will play in Files (though can’t import it there, either). Any suggestions? Can I convert it to H264 in a fairly ordinary Windows PC? Thanks.

Use Handbrake to make the conversion. Is a free tool.

I'm presuming you mean the 'Files' app on the iPad?

Make a directory called UserMedia in LumaFusion if you haven't already got one

Make a sub directory called H265ORIG (or whatever you like)

Copy the files to there and you should see the directory under 'Imported' within LumaFusion

Copy the files to there and you should see the directory under 'Imported' within LumaFusion
Thank ou!

Reactions: RobertR

Yes, on the iPad. Thank you.

The knowledge of the members of this forum never ceases to amaze me!
Thanks RobW01!

Reactions: KingRat and RobW01
What's your Windows PC cofiguration? The minimum requirements for HEVC conversion is a Windows 10 computer using the Intel Kaby Lake (or equivalent) processor and newer.
If your computer meets that criteria, you can convert those H265 files with WinX Video Converter before importing to iPad. It is able to convert HEVC to H.264 MP4 or any video to HEVC as you need.

What's your Windows PC cofiguration? The minimum requirements for HEVC conversion is a Windows 10 computer using the Intel Kaby Lake (or equivalent) processor and newer.
If your computer meets that criteria, you can convert those H265 files with WinX Video Converter before importing to iPad. It is able to convert HEVC to H.264 MP4 or any video to HEVC as you need.
Dunno. Do all my video editing on an iPad Pro with a program called LumaFusion.

Does your video quality decrease after converting? because mine is decreasing for some reason.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S