DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Convince Me : Mavic Pro over Spark

awood35

Reactions
So...I suppose this is a little buyers remorse.

I have a Spark that I love, I use it whenever I can...but I don't do anything crazy with it.
I don't use it for work
I don't travel that often (2-4 Big trips per year).
I have 4 batteries, PolarPro filters for pictures and videos.

I bought a (DJI Officially) Refurbished Mavic Pro for a great deal and it's on the way to me now.
I pulled my eBay listing for my Spark due to me calculating the after fee(s) was going to net me about HALF what I paid for it and all it's accessories.

What should I do??! I can't see a reason why I would keep BOTH drones.
Is the Mavic Pro (2016) worth the difference over the Spark (2017) for what I use it for?

I can return or sell (maybe net a little $) the Mavic Pro.
or I can attempt to sell my Spark and buy another battery

...will I be satisfied with the Mavic Pro?

It is impossible to say what you will be satisfied with. You will get more range and flying time with the MP but you also will need to spend more for extra batteries and ND filters. If you truly love your Spark and do not need the extra range and flying time of the MP then return or sell it. Of course there is the chance that you will love the MP even more than the Spark...

I have both.

There are many things that I love about the Spark. I don't even mind the short battery life, the lack of video spec options, or wifi. The only thing I don't like about the Spark is the yaw (glitchy left and right pan).

The Mavic Pro is superior to the Spark in many if not all ways.

The after market price of the Spark dropped like a rock after the Mavic Air was introduced.

Hence, I have both.

I live near the coast, so I can go to the beach and get some cool shots of the ports, city, etc.
The Spark is a SOLID drone. I have a gimbal cover (for storage) that gives me some peace of mind, but you really don't need to worry about it wheras the MP seems to be a little bit more sensitive.

Even if loose a little bit of money, I feel like loosing it now would be the best case for me.

The Mavic Pro(s) are great drones, seems like a 'tried and true design' as they really didn't change too much with the MP2. I don't think I really care too much about the increase video editing capabilities. I bought the Corel Video 2018 Ultimate for a good deal (under $30) and have done some edits.

At this time, I actually have two new Mavic Pros headed my way :) One Arctic White...

I live near the coast, so I can go to the beach and get some cool shots of the ports, city, etc.
The Spark is a SOLID drone. I have a gimbal cover (for storage) that gives me some peace of mind, but you really don't need to worry about it wheras the MP seems to be a little bit more sensitive.

Even if loose a little bit of money, I feel like loosing it now would be the best case for me.

The Mavic Pro(s) are great drones, seems like a 'tried and true design' as they really didn't change too much with the MP2. I don't think I really care too much about the increase video editing capabilities. I bought the Corel Video 2018 Ultimate for a good deal (under $30) and have done some edits.

At this time, I actually have two new Mavic Pros headed my way :) One Arctic White...
I went through the same dilemma. I had the Spark before the pro. I crashed the Spark, and it was as if nothing happened. When I started to fly the MP I was afraid I would crash it and be out the cash.
i have two MPs also. One Black, and the Alpine White. I love the look of the Alpine White; especially the controller.

I am lucky enough to have a Mavic 2 Pro, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. I enjoy all three of them, a bit greedy I guess. There are times when I want to get the spark out and not have to worry about much in the way of setup. It has its limitations, but when I'm in the Spark mood, it's there. The MP was my first drone, how could I part with that? The M2P is just plain awesome. After flying the Spark around and then pulling out the M2P, it seems like the M2P stays up in the air all day long. What a great hobby!!

Reactions: choo choo
I am lucky enough to have a Mavic 2 Pro, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. I enjoy all three of them, a bit greedy I guess. There are times when I want to get the spark out and not have to worry about much in the way of setup. It has its limitations, but when I'm in the Spark mood, it's there. The MP was my first drone, how could I part with that? The M2P is just plain awesome. After flying the Spark around and then pulling out the M2P, it seems like the M2P stays up in the air all day long. What a great hobby!!
That's cool.

Having a couple drones to play with is fun .
I have a phantom and a spark and a couple mavic pros and a Q-500 . Once I eat up all the batteries I have my hungry for flying fixed for the day .

I have the Tello, spark, P3P, Mav Platinum, and my Inspire will be here in a few days!!! I love them all!! They all have their place and duty!! I really can't wait for the Inspire!!!!!

I am lucky enough to have a Mavic 2 Pro, a Mavic Pro, and a Spark. I enjoy all three of them, a bit greedy I guess. There are times when I want to get the spark out and not have to worry about much in the way of setup. It has its limitations, but when I'm in the Spark mood, it's there. The MP was my first drone, how could I part with that? The M2P is just plain awesome. After flying the Spark around and then pulling out the M2P, it seems like the M2P stays up in the air all day long. What a great hobby!![/

After flying the Spark around and then pulling out the M2P, it seems like the M2P stays up in the air all day long. What a great hobby!!
I agree. I was out yesterday from 1030am to 2pm. A few guys were nearby filming for a project and were really interested in my MP2.
They asked if I could send them any video I shot so they could edit it into their own, they even filmed the MP hovering in the background while we did an interview to camera.
Even after set up, (the compass needed recalibrating), flying around, coming home to a hover, doing an interview and flying again, there was still plenty of life left in the battery and they were delighted with the video.
The MP2 was so stable and confidence inspiring.
It’s your choice, but I prefer to have the longer flight time flexibility and of course being a bit larger, easier to keep VLOS

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming