DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cool way to active track the MIni 2

AtkesS

Reactions
If you are looking to use ActiveTrack on the Mini 2, then this video is a must watch. It's an incredible tutorial to have a feature that is really not there. Plus, you don't even have to use Litchi. Of couse, this strategy is not perfect. Thus, if you are looking to use a lot of ActiveTrack features, then the Mini 2 may not the one for you. But if you are a beginner or are in need of a back up cinematographic drone, I think that the Mini 2 is just about perfect.

Reactions: Hafa adai flyer
He did the same video for the Mavic Mini.
I tried to replicate a couple of his shot when I had my Mavic Mini, and believe me, you will soon get very tired of trying to get setup for the shot and it failing time and time again.

If you are looking to use ActiveTrack on the Mini 2, then this video is a must watch. It's an incredible tutorial to have a feature that is really not there. Plus, you don't even have to use Litchi. Of couse, this strategy is not perfect. Thus, if you are looking to use a lot of ActiveTrack features, then the Mini 2 may not the one for you. But if you are a beginner or are in need of a back up cinematographic drone, I think that the Mini 2 is just about perfect.

I really like DCRainmaker.
Since I have been a cyclist I have followed alot of his stuff...this is now on my list.
Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Howard70
He did the same video for the Mavic Mini.
I tried to replicate a couple of his shot when I had my Mavic Mini, and believe me, you will soon get very tired of trying to get setup for the shot and it failing time and time again.
I've done a few test and got it to work sometimes.
The key is not moving to far or fast (just me walking - not on a bike!)

The most annoying thing is that usually if it loses the track it jolts in an ugly way making the shot unuseable.
Maybe DJI can do an update it so that it behaves more smoothly if it loses track?

Very nice. Looks like it maintains a track the whole way through.
Interesting that it doesn't actually orbit around the target.
Will have to experiment!

I've done a few test and got it to work sometimes.
The key is not moving to far or fast (just me walking - not on a bike!)

The most annoying thing is that usually if it loses the track it jolts in an ugly way making the shot unuseable.
Maybe DJI can do an update it so that it behaves more smoothly if it loses track?
M2P also jerks when AT loses lock. Its as if a tether snapped.

I tried to do an active track like and this is my result:
That is a great sequence. I really admire the way you kept the tall building on viewers left in the frame as the slow pan evolves - the composition shifts perfectly to the isolated cloud later on. Thanks for sharing.

Howard

Reactions: Ddjmrql
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998