DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cooling fan sound

radzion

Reactions
Hello pilots! I have a question about fan operation. I had a mini 2 before so I don't have a comparison (it didn't have a fan). I have had Air 2 for several days. From the beginning, he watches the gentle humming of the fan. at low speed and at high speed - the buzzing is different depending on the speed. Additionally, when I move the drone quickly from side to side, it buzzes. when I turn it aside, the buzzing stops. I know that the fan is horizontally in the housing and maybe hence this effect. The drone is fully operational, no bugs, no overheating, just a buzzing noise. Do others also have it? Has anyone encountered this? Should I worry and do something about it or just blow it off and fly? I am pasting two links with movies as it looks like.

Yeah, that's not normal, at all.
A repair is definitely in order.
I recieved an Air 2 with a faulty cooling fan, as well. Mine would only engage sometimes, sporadically. When it wouldn't turn on, my processors would overheat. Thankfully, it only occurred on the ground. I sent it back, and they sent me a new one, plus, coupons for 2 full sets of props, AND, an RC-N1 Tablet Mount!! "Tactical" complaining pays off! Lol. Hope it all pans out for you!

Yeah, that's not normal, at all.
A repair is definitely in order.
I recieved an Air 2 with a faulty cooling fan, as well. Mine would only engage sometimes, sporadically. When it wouldn't turn on, my processors would overheat. Thankfully, it only occurred on the ground. I sent it back, and they sent me a new one, plus, coupons for 2 full sets of props, AND, an RC-N1 Tablet Mount!! "Tactical" complaining pays off! Lol. Hope it all pans out for you!
Thanks for the answers. However, your situation was different - you had a defective cooling. Mine works fine, turns on, changes the speed after a while, the cooling is correct, there are no errors, etc. Only this delicate sound.
I found a post by one of the Mavic 1 users and his video had exactly the same sound as mine, only even louder when he tilted the drone. In his case, DJI service stated that it was normal and acceptable.
By the way, I found other devices at home with a fan (e.g. a console) where the fan also behaves in a similar way under certain overloads (device tilts).
I'm sorry to ask you that - I want to make sure it makes sense to send the drone to the service, when in fact it is not a problem. It would be a waste of time for me in terms of lack of equipment for many days.

If it were my Drone, I would start a repair claim. The sound it's making is caused by an improperly mounted fan, or a loose blade. Either way, it could lead to your fan failing, mid-flight. As I stated earlier, if the fan fails, your processor overheats, and it will fall out of the sky. DJI's idea of "acceptable", and mine, apparently differ, in this regard.
The cooling fan on mine purrs like a kitten, in any position. I just wouldn't be able to trust it to be in working order that way.
Has it had any crashes, or hard landings? If not, it's probably a manufacturing mistake, and would be repaired for free, anyway.

If it were my Drone, I would start a repair claim. The sound it's making is caused by an improperly mounted fan, or a loose blade. Either way, it could lead to your fan failing, mid-flight. As I stated earlier, if the fan fails, your processor overheats, and it will fall out of the sky. DJI's idea of "acceptable", and mine, apparently differ, in this regard.
The cooling fan on mine purrs like a kitten, in any position. I just wouldn't be able to trust it to be in working order that way.
Has it had any crashes, or hard landings? If not, it's probably a manufacturing mistake, and would be repaired for free, anyway.
Thanks for the clarification. The equipment was not purchased directly from DJI, but from Orange. According to Polish law, it is more profitable for me to file a complaint directly with Orange. They have a duty to deal with it without any excuses. Are you able to record a video of your drone how the fan works so that I can have some argument and that I will not be sent back with anything?

Reactions: 1TenaciousG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000