DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Corolla NC pics with mavic air 2

WanderingSpirit

Reactions
Caught a few pics while on vacation this week in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. ENJOY!

Attachments

• DJI_0036.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • DJI_0018.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 15
  • DJI_0029.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • DJI_0054.jpg
    DJI_0054.jpg
    884.1 KB · Views: 17
  • DJI_0025.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
We went in July and then again in October 2020. Stayed in Kill Devil Hills and flew quite a bit along the beaches and areas we went up and down to on Hatteras.

Even got some flight time off property next to Jockeys Ridge State Park, which does not allowing droning on property - but they teach people to hang glide right there. Outer Banks has some great sights to fly around. Thought about doing the Wright Bro's park, but since they have an airport right there, I decided to not even try it. Instead got my from the ground pictures from land cameras.

I have stayed in Kill Devil Hills, which is where the Wright Brothers National Memorial is located. I was able to get permission from the National Parks Department to fly at and near the beach where we were staying. A few weeks before going down, I had emailed the local office, received permission, and submitted the email to DJI. I had to unlock the location each time I powered up, but it was fine. This was 3 years ago, I would the process would be a little more streamlined now.

I have stayed in Kill Devil Hills, which is where the Wright Brothers National Memorial is located. I was able to get permission from the National Parks Department to fly at and near the beach where we were staying. A few weeks before going down, I had emailed the local office, received permission, and submitted the email to DJI. I had to unlock the location each time I powered up, but it was fine. This was 3 years ago, I would the process would be a little more streamlined now.

Wow! Figured they would not allow that - as any others seeing it may get the idea they can too. I have gotten the "requirement" on the App when flying close to National Parks - like the Grand Teton's - and simply answered it and it allowed me to fly. I have found several location off park proper for places like the Blue Ridge Parkway (which is relatively narrow in many places and has public roads that parallel it) that I and other drone pilots have flown.

We stopped in St. Louis and stayed near the Arch. I had my Mini that day and went down by the Riverwalk off park property. As soon as the Mini crossed the street onto the edge of the Arch Park - the app started telling me I was at the parks property line. It was pretty windy that day, so I didn't fly up too high and brought the drone back down with no pics of the Arch. Was early morning and nobody was out and about that day due to Covid.

Will have to keep your idea in mind when out on next travels and going to or near Nat / State Parks. Prefer to keep legal and since most parks are huge (compared to like the Wright Bro's that you could fly over from many public side roads) - no real way to take-off / land outside of the park. Live near Great Smoky Mtn Nat Park and would love to fly there for a nice aerial view and know that they may not allow it due to disturbing the wildlife even at 300-400 feet.

A friend of mine is a drone racer type and we like to go to the waterfalls in WNC and he's awesome flying FPV. He makes it look easy and gets some great pics and video's. I myself am far more conservative, as losing a $1000 drone is not my idea of fun, so I keep it pretty low key.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan