DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2 Costa Rica beaches

Could you fly the same flight path with the drone turned through 90deg?
Could you fly the same flight path with, weather, waves and spray permitting, the drone lower, off shore and looking at the beach? I.e. not low enough for spray to be anywhere near the drone.

Reactions: 4006448
Of course!
You mean flying parallel to the beach while keeping the camera perpendicular to the town, correct? The lowest run I did Saturday was around 7 m (21') above the waves, just to be on the very safe side. I read a post here about someone's drone hitting the water after the flight's log was reviewed.

You mean flying parallel to the beach while keeping the camera perpendicular to the town, correct?

Sort of, for the low flight, fly the drone parallel to the beach with the camera horizontal, or nearly so, and pointed at the beach and trees so that you see some ocean, the beach and the tree line.
For "the same flight path with the drone turned through 90deg" point the drone at the beach, tilt the camera down and fly parallel to the beach i.e.sideways, so that shore line is parallel to the bottom of the video and one can see more of the beach etc. in any given frame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Neko 506
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes