DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could high wind cause a gimbal initialization to start?

"Gimbal Freaking Out Mid Flight" what it's known for.
Known issue and many threads w/ this, it's regardless of FW/App (IOS/AOS) combo that you have, it will happen sooner or later.

Last edited:
Was there a 64GB SD card (exfat) in the MP when the gimble reset happened ?
As a matter of fact yes. 64 gb card. Mavic Pro Platinum. iphone X, all firmware and software the latest version.

I originally thought the wind tumbled the Mavic, but when I went back and reviewed the flight data the aircraft didn't budge during the time the camera was going wild. After watching it again, with the Mavic safely on the ground and my heart rate at a more reasonable level, it reminded me of the way the camera moves when you first power the aircraft on, or when you perform a gimbal initialization.

As a matter of fact yes. 64 gb card. Mavic Pro Platinum. iphone X, all firmware and software the latest version.

I originally thought the wind tumbled the Mavic, but when I went back and reviewed the flight data the aircraft didn't budge during the time the camera was going wild. After watching it again, with the Mavic safely on the ground and my heart rate at a more reasonable level, it reminded me of the way the camera moves when you first power the aircraft on, or when you perform a gimbal initialization.

This is a known issue of occasional (inflight) gimble reset at initialization/conclusion of writing a 4GB file on an exfat SD card.

Switch to 16GB or 32GB SD cards with FAT32 should make the problem to go away. Let us know how things turn out.

This is a known issue of occasional (inflight) gimble reset at initialization/conclusion of writing a 4GB file on an exfat SD card.

Switch to 16GB or 32GB SD cards with FAT32 should make the problem to go away. Let us know how things turn out.

I will. Thanks very much for the info. Not sure how long it takes to write that file but that was certainly early on in the flight, so it sounds reasonable. Since it is the dreaded "occasional" we may not get positive proof but if it should happen again I will certainly update the post.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d