DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could I Use My Other Cell Phone for Screen?

Scampcamp

Reactions
I have 2 year old LG smart phone that is not active. Could this phone be used as my Mavic Air screen with the controller? I can still use it with my wifi at home.

If I could... would there be a need for a bigger mini SD card in the phone? Thanks

My Mavic Air will arrive via UPS on Fri...

Yes, you could try it. Your mobile device does not need an active Wi-Fi and/or cellular network connection in order to run DJI GO and fly.

I do that exact scenario. I had an older LG phone laying around that I haven't used for a couple of years. I reset the phone to defaults and loaded the DJI app and that is what I use most of the time. You don't need cellular service and you only need wifi when you want to download or upload. Otherwise leave it in airplane mode. You can add storage to it if you need to depending upon the phone.

Don.

I do that exact scenario. I had an older LG phone laying around that I haven't used for a couple of years. I reset the phone to defaults and loaded the DJI app and that is what I use most of the time. You don't need cellular service and you only need wifi when you want to download or upload. Otherwise leave it in airplane mode. You can add storage to it if you need to depending upon the phone.

Don.

Thank you very much!! It was used as a Virgin Mobile phone... not sure if it matters.. it's the LG LS676 model.

I think I will insert a SD card just to be safe.

Another question.... could this cell phone be used if it doesn't have a SIM card ?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zloalex