DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could not resist boy I need help!! lol

Talk about great shipping From Chicago I just got an on the truck for delivery notice from USPS! So it should be here around lunchtime! To bad that Camrise cant ship any faster, -Battery will get here probably wed.
:(

Oh boy, are you in for some fun 😁

Whole different world than the whoops. Make sure you're wearing Depends when you take it up to 90mph in manual. 😦

Reactions: Cafguy
Pretty Fast shipping! Chicago to Bakersfield over the weekend- Wish the batts would hurry up!! This thing is new, as far as I can tell. I think he hovered it a few times BUT I have yet to power on the Drone ..So I will know in a few Days.
1727740504643.jpeg

Pretty Fast shipping! Chicago to Bakersfield over the weekend- Wish the batts would hurry up!! This thing is new, as far as I can tell. I think he hovered it a few times BUT I have yet to power on the Drone ..So I will know in a few Days.
View attachment 177971
Looks good. Don't forget you gotta hook a phone up to this for RID. :p

I was wondering about that. Can I plug in the phone and then unplug before takeoff OR do I need the phone the entire time? Is it just easier to put a separate RID module on it?
With the latest software, you can plug it in, start the rotors, and then unplug it and take off and fly the duration with the NO RID banner in the screen which is a pain so I just keep it connected. This is true only for Googles 2 and V2.

View attachment 177971

I've got the antifreeze colored shell on mine too. It does make it easier to see VLOS... 👍🏻

I was wondering about that. Can I plug in the phone and then unplug before takeoff OR do I need the phone the entire time? Is it just easier to put a separate RID module on it?

As soon as you unplug the phone it complains but keeps flying. I've never persisted, having the phone disconnected being accidental, so I don't know if maybe it limits range, height or something else if disconnected.

I have a 6ft Belkin BoostCharge Pro Flex cable for just this purpose... it's like noodle-wire, super flexible silicone that's very comfortable and manageable with two cables sprouting from the goggles.

$25, but worth it in my opinion.

With the latest software, you can plug it in, start the rotors, and then unplug it and take off and fly the duration with the NO RID banner in the screen which is a pain so I just keep it connected. This is true only for Googles 2 and V2.
As soon as you unplug the phone it complains but keeps flying. I've never persisted, having the phone disconnected being accidental, so I don't know if maybe it limits range, height or something else if disconnected.

I have a 6ft Belkin BoostCharge Pro Flex cable for just this purpose... it's like noodle-wire, super flexible silicone that's very comfortable and manageable with two cables sprouting from the goggles.

$25, but worth it in my opinion.
Agreed use a long-ish cable to keep the phone out of the way and it's way less noticeable. Belkin is ok but I'm really a big Anker fan when it comes to cables and chargers. Don't forget you need the OTG adapter.

Cant do to much else without the Battery :( But I did get the Good charger from Amazon and got the controller throttle down into the "normal" way.

At 7 this morning I Got a "On the Truck" For my one Refub battery I ordered from Camrise!!!! at least Ill be able to get it properly setup and learn how it flies and charges lol Thanks a bunch Droning on and on... for the offer of OVERNIGHT BATTS thats a really cool thing to offer!!
I am fully expecting to want/need at least three more of them as soon as I fly it. lol
This time I will try to find a place on this coast to get them. If I ever get the credit card back. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
O.K. Battery installed- He had the Drone on Mode 3? Changed it to 2 - I set the sticks like normal (throttle down). Found out that if you still don't center the sticks before you turn the controller on you get a Remote stick error. No problem. Gonna top off the bat and calibrate the Controller Maybe I will have time for a trail flight tonight!

When flying N/S it actually has some forward OA, which I find quite useful... doesn't prevent collision, but very noticeably slows down giving you a chance to react. Remember, the thing does like 60mph in Sport.

I very never been brave enough to fly manual near anything. I've done over 90 above the ocean, and hundreds of feet over land, but the Avata 1/2 get the risky flights so I fly them the most.

It flies Darn good in Manual!!!! It needs some rates adjusted to make it more responsive . Thats no biggie. Its not quite a freestyle ( a little heavy for really tight stuff) But I love flying it!!
We named it WEEZER...
I find myself getting in trouble using modes. I need it to do the same thing my fingers are. If you set the controller for manual and turn it on in the settings It will fly like a drone in Horizon mode (manual with limited pitch). That's pretty good for transitioning, it will limit your pitch quite a bit and wont let you get inverted. Once you like it you can turn off the pitch limiter in the controller settings.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luca92