DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could someone create a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 700

It looks like DJI removed 700fw version this morning so it is not available. Only 900,800 and 550 versions are available so unfortunately nobody can create a VM with 700 anymore. Those who created it when it was available, unlikely to share it as it was mentioned before: it contains your personal DJI account details.
yup, i did create a vm few days back. Never really tested it so dont know if it'll work...

Is there no way to download the fw file directly and upgrade via the sd card like in the phantom days.. Does that method not exist anymore? I havent looked into it.

Can anyone how have successfully created a VM for 700 please share it? The 400 shared did not bring any troubles for the creator! If I could I would create one just for sharing but even though I tried and failed (my pc doesn't allow hardware virtualization)

You really can't do any real damage with my dji account, besides my plan was to create it and as the snapshots are shared in a offline state I would simply change my dji account password that is probably what adiru did

It looks like DJI removed 700fw version this morning so it is not available. Only 900,800 and 550 versions are available so unfortunately nobody can create a VM with 700 anymore. Those who created it when it was available, unlikely to share it as it was mentioned before: it contains your personal DJI account details.
This is because they are actively trying to fight the mods that are allowing NFZ, speed, and altitude changes. Those firmwares had vulnerabilities, and the jailbreaking community has now pounced on them.

DJI will not win this battle. But it does mean that they have finally taken notice and aren't happy.

Several people have for certain. I honestly planned to make one today after work, but alas the option is gone now. The question really is, who is going to be the HERO and share it. Adiru has single-handedly saved the mavic community with his 400 vm. I for one think it'd be super cool for us to paypal him a few bucks just for caring about the community so much. I for one am forever grateful for your work Adiru, thank you.

Several people have for certain. I honestly planned to make one today after work, but alas the option is gone now. The question really is, who is going to be the HERO and share it. Adiru has single-handedly saved the mavic community with his 400 vm. I for one think it'd be super cool for us to paypal him a few bucks just for caring about the community so much. I for one am forever grateful for your work Adiru, thank you.

Thanks, but not necessary. To be honest, I did it to make a political statement to DJI, because DJI first should not have gotten into politics and took it upon themselves to be an enforcement arm of the governments of the world and adopt the policy of proactive appeasement. They retain the legal right to do what they want with their product, but they do not have the right to become judge, jury and executioner retroactively, post-sales, after the fact, for units already shipped, and then compel existing customers to either effectively consent to the new terms or else their Mavic becomes an expensive brick paperweight. This is why I used my real account information and didn't even bother to hid anything from DJI.

Secondly, in my naive way of thinking, I believe the "rising tide lifts all boats". Sharing this indirectly helps me because in my thinking, if enough people of the community uses this VM and other methods to stay on legacy firmwares, perhaps this will have the trickle up effect of causing third party vendors and devs like AutoPilot and Litchi to keep supporting untainted legacy versions a while longer if they see the demand is there and thus it comes back full circle because it is my intent to be using these applications that support legacy firmware for as long as possible.

Last edited:
So sad, due to the poor DJI QC, I have to send in my 0700 bird for repair or replace. Hope won't come back with 0900 in it.

Last edited:
So sad, due to the poor DJI QC, I have to send in my 0700 bird for repair or replace. How won't come back with 0900 in it.

You won't get back your old Mavic. Instead they will send you a refurbished one which will have .900 firmware for sure.

You won't get back your old Mavic. Instead they will send you a refurbished one which will have .900 firmware for sure.

1st Mavic arrived on Jan-2017, it has blurry right side, it crashed due to 0500 not working with Litchi.

2nd Mavic was a replacement by DJI Care, has perfect focus in every way but Gimbal is not level. It is under water in Iceland now. I am sure it's an refurbished, as the battery has different colour shell, missing all the labels.

3rd Mavic arrived on early Jun-2017, made in May-2017 with 0700 in it, loud fan, returned it.

4th Mavic, they gave it to me when I returned the 3rd Mavic. Brand new from retail box, all labels were on it. With 0400 in it, but the focus has major problem!!!

Reactions: Soft7
1st Mavic arrived on Jan-2017, it has blurry right side, it crashed due to 0500 not working with Litchi.

2nd Mavic was a replacement by DJI Care, has perfect focus in every way but Gimbal is not level. It is under water in Iceland now. I am sure it's an refurbished, as the battery has different colour shell, missing all the labels.

3rd Mavic arrived on early Jun-2017, made in May-2017 with 0700 in it, loud fan, returned it.

4th Mavic, they gave it to me when I returned the 3rd Mavic. Brand new from retail box, all labels were on it. With 0400 in it, but the focus has major problem!!!

Man have you had some bad luck! That's horrible! That focus issue is a common one for sure. Well, I hope you get a good one this time!

I hope someone is able to get this one worked out soon. VM 700 would be nice. One of my locations is a NFZ that they won't give permission to use

I hope someone is able to get this one worked out soon. VM 700 would be nice. One of my locations is a NFZ that they won't give permission to use

Use 400 until somebody posts 700. There is nfz workaround.

Maybe if we all pitch in a little green grease $$, smeagol will come out and hand us his precious

I'm not talking about a coptersafe funding campaign remake, just like 1 or 2 bucks p/p or something, I've already offered a can of coke but maybe he/she prefers green over red

Already answered on the mavic pro unlocked thread but I'll paste it here, for the sake of be able to keep track of the thread but please don't post the same all over the forum it makes it hard the keep in track of a specific subject

Do you by any chance created a snapshot in a VM of that? Cached firmware files has been posted weeks ago on github but what could be really helpfull will be one like @adiru created for 400

@alirz1 forgot to quote you on this sorry

Last edited:
So few days ago before .700 firmware was pulled. I had created a vmsnapshot with the firmware download. The only folder I could find fw cached files were under one of the the dji assistant 2 application's subfolders. I see that the fw is either extracted or downloaded in different files. If it helps anyone here is the download link: Don't know if ill be banned for sharing a DJI original file...

Dropbox - .700_firmware_cached_folder.zip

I've Sent you a PM

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman