DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could someone create a VM so we can all forever downgrade to 700

A few thoughts:
  • Does anyone know with certainty where the firmware files are cached on the PC, and a complete understanding of which file(s) these are for a particular firmware revision?
  • If YES, then has anyone tried the following: place the firmware file(s) in a temporary directory. While connected to the internet, start Assistant 2, log in. Disconnect from internet, copy the firmware file(s) to the correct location for Assistant 2; go back to the running assistant 2 instance, go to firmware update, see what happens.
If this works, we can simply distribute the firmware file(s) rather than a VM snapshot with all the exposure to the author we've been discussing.

This would violate DJI copyright (probably), as no one has the right to redistribute DJI firmware files, but then its just as much a violation to do so through a VM snapshot, so that one's already out of the barn.

it would be much smarter if we could flash firmware via dji assistant. fw 0200 to 0900 are all saved on github. in the 112 beta version of assistant, the link under "little pilot" gives some options. are there some experiences?

Reactions: ariksaja
it would be much smarter if we could flash firmware via dji assistant. fw 0200 to 0900 are all saved on github. in the 112 beta version of assistant, the link under "little pilot" gives some options. are there some experiences?
Could you PM me a pointer to the github repository? I tried searching, and came up empty.

Just got replacement MP,with 0400 in it.

Now I have 0400 bird, 0700 RC, 4.0.6 DJI Go, 9.xxx Assistant 2.

What an United Nation! Wonder will they work together?

Really miss the 0700 firmware!

No need VM, there is other way to choose whatever version to install now!

Whats wrong with just using Dumbledorf to downgrade to any version you want?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett