DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Could this powerbank fully charge a Mavic 3 battery?

It says it outputs 140 watts so it should have more than enough power, could probably charge a couple.
Thanks but my question is does it have the capacity to fully charge a discharged Mavic 3 battery, not does it have enough power to support charging.

I will say you can charge 1 battery and maybe the second one very slowwwwly

If it truly has 24,000 mwh of power it should be able to charge many batteries.
There is a power loss efficiently when power has transferred that need to be taken into consideration. There are many other factors like temperature... ect...

give the shot and let us know.

There is a power loss efficiently when power has transferred that need to be taken into consideration. There are many other factors like temperature... ect...

give the shot and let us know.
Somebody has stated in the questions section of the ad that a power bank only offers around 60% of its capacity due to these losses.

24000 mAh doesn't say how much POWER is in there, unless we throw in the voltage (W = V x A). Assuming the cells run at 3.7V, the overall capacity of the bank would be 88.8 Wh.
Compare that to the 77 Wh capacity of a single Mavic 3 battery for a crude comparison.

It's rare to see a small powerbank like that reach 100 Wh, because at that point the airline restrictions change (depending on the airline) about what you can take on board, and that changes the market appeal.

All of this is so confusing because no one talks the same lingo.
Mav 3 batteries are 5k mAh I don't know why anyone uses these figures because they hardly mean anything, 90% of people would assume without being a electrical engineer or reading/understanding this that you should be able to charge at least 3-4 Mav batteries looking at this alone.
Wh calcs make sense, and actually give you something to compare, wish manufacturers would stop using this mAh.

Reactions: Elthree
All of this is so confusing because no one talks the same lingo.
Mav 3 batteries are 5k mAh I don't know why anyone uses these figures because they hardly mean anything, 90% of people would assume without being a electrical engineer or reading/understanding this that you should be able to charge at least 3-4 Mav batteries looking at this alone.
Wh calcs make sense, and actually give you something to compare, wish manufacturers would stop using this mAh.
Usually the Wh rating is mentioned somewhere. Otherwise you're guessing the relevant voltage for that mAh number.

DJI list it in the specs for recent drones. The Mavic 3 battery is listed as 77 Wh for example. But they haven't gone back and added it to older drones like the Air 2S.

Anker don't mention it. But more and more of my powerbanks do.

Last edited:
Powerbank: 24(Ah)*3.7(V)*80%(efficiency)=71Wh
USD $168
M3 battery: 77Wh*90%(depleted to 10%)=69Wh
USD $209
So yes, you should be able to charge 1 M3 battery.

Difference: USD $41

Reactions: Elthree
I bought the Anker powerbank linked in post 1, I just charged a Mavic 3 battery from 15% to 100% at 100W, there was 18% remaining in the powerbank, enough to give the RC a good top up.
The powerbank also charges itself very quickly, can support 140W input/output.
But what I didn't expect is that it doesn't charge my Mini 3 Pro batteries via the charging hub! It does charge the Mini 3 Pro batteries via the drone (used 25% of powerbank), but when using the charging hub the powerbank charges for a few seconds then stops, the lcd display shows "low voltage", this is a bit of a nuisance as it can potentially charge x4 mini 3 pro batteries.
I've tried various other cables but it does not like the mini 3 charging hub.

Reactions: tribar

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf