DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Country by country sub 250g rules list?

Grande Fromage

Reactions
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list of which countries allow sub 250g to fly without restriction?

Thanks in advance :)

regardless of whether you have a MM or other type of drone the weight limit is for registering the drone, not flight restrictions, with any drone if flown without regard for the rules of the country where it is, could result in the pilot being subject to a legal challenge if they were caught breaking the rules ,as an aside to this ,very small lightweight drones dont usually have the range to fly far, but that does not mean that they cannot exceed VLOS or the 400 ft height limit which could put them in conflict with manned aircraft airspace

regardless of whether you have a MM or other type of drone the weight limit is for registering the drone, not flight restrictions, with any drone if flown without regard for the rules of the country where it is, could result in the pilot being subject to a legal challenge if they were caught breaking the rules ,as an aside to this ,very small lightweight drones dont usually have the range to fly far, but that does not mean that they cannot exceed VLOS or the 400 ft height limit which could put them in conflict with manned aircraft airspace

That really varies by country. While in the US, sub 250 gram drones just have the benefit of lack of registration, there are other countries that have far greater advantages for that class.

@dawgpilot i agree there are many variations around the globe ,thats why i said could

Reactions: MavicPeter
I saw a YouTube video the other day where a guy took his Mavic Mini to 500m, up through some thin clouds, looked around, and came back down. What I found interesting was his assertion that the height restriction didn't apply because the MM was below the 250g limit. He wasn't in the US, but I doubt any country's aviation authority would accept his reasoning.

It was a nice view...he always had some sight of the ground, and the straight ahead view above the cloud deck was awesome. Last time I saw that was from the cockpit of a manned airplane, on an IFR clearance.

If anybody is curious about drilling through clouds, or flying "on top", please do it the legal way: there are plenty of YouTube videos shot from real cockpits, using GoPros. If you want some suggestions, search for CitationMax1 or Premier1Driver.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a list of which countries allow sub 250g to fly without restriction?

Thanks in advance :)
Here’s a list of current laws organized by state and by country.

Reactions: old man mavic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo