DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of questions

Viciam

Reactions
hi all, got a MP a couple of weeks ago and had a couple of questions.

Firstly, how do I shoot a scene where I an standing on a hill and the drone locks me and flies backwards and upwards away from me at good speed. Is there an auto function to do this or has to be done manually by throttling up and moving back with right stickon rc?

Secondly, is it too late to get care refresh after 2 weeks?

Thank u

is it too late to get care refresh after 2 weeks?
No. You can still purchase DJI Care Refresh here. You'll need to create a video to show DJI your Mavic is in working order. See more details about that here.

And one more question please

What is the proper startup and shut down procedure? Startup: 1: controller first 2: mavic second then 3rd: launch go4?

And what about shut down? Same order as above?

What is the proper startup and shut down procedure? Startup: 1: controller first 2: mavic second then 3rd: launch go4?
There are really a few ways it can be done. The steps you listed have been the most successful for more.

And what about shut down?
I always turn the remote controller off last (a habit from flying older Phantoms). They used to sometimes try to fly off and RTH when the Phantom was powered off last. I've never heard of this happening with the Mavic though.

And also I want to get a 128 gb sd card. Which one is best for Mavic?

Sorry for so many questions

There are really a few ways it can be done. The steps you listed have been the most successful for more.

Turn the remote controller off last. Everything else doesn't matter.

I find turning on the mavic pro first and then the RC to work best for me. Is this safe and okay? I know dji booklet and utube video says start controller first. Then mavic then launch go4. But sometimes the mavic doesnt connect if i start RC first

Reactions: WDEnterprises
Hi guys, this is the shot shot I am trying to get. Pan out

Hi guys, this is the shot shot I am trying to get. Pan out
I think you're looking for the "dronie" flight mode that DJI put on the spark. It's not a mode available on the Mavic. Maybe they'll add it, maybe they won't.

You can do this flying backward and up at same time.
Takes lot of practice.
If no one moving in the screen can do it flying toward you then reverse in editing in computer.

To me the hardest part of this shot is smoothly controlling the gimbal. Up and back is pretty easy. I've been experimenting with using active track in spotlight mode. That mode controls yaw and gimbal so all you have to worry with is up and back. Once you get far enough away active track reaches its limit but at that point the subject is already well centered in the frame. Kinda cheating but it works. Give it a try.

To me the hardest part of this shot is smoothly controlling the gimbal. Up and back is pretty easy. I've been experimenting with using active track in spotlight mode. That mode controls yaw and gimbal so all you have to worry with is up and back. Once you get far enough away active track reaches its limit but at that point the subject is already well centered in the frame. Kinda cheating but it works. Give it a try.

But in active track the mavic moves back/forward too slowly?

If you buy Litchi and use focus mode it will give you what you need.

You can define the focus point on the map, set the height then fly back and up as fast as you like and Litchi keeps the camera pointing at the subject both vertically and horizontally.

Another nice effect is to start the Mavic low pointing at a distant focus point say 700yds away on the map at head height. Then just as assend vertically. The camera starts out pointing at the horizon but as you ascend it starts to point slightly down but keeps the horizon in the upper part of the frame. Adjust by changing how far the focus point is away from the launch. Nearer - points down more, further away points down less.

Thanks Owen,

I wanted to download Litchi but I had one concern. That should something go wrong, will my warranty be void because a 3rd party app was used instead of the official DJI app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BluMav