DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Couple of short videos from recent camping trip in the western US

Hi Paleomanjim
I played a little bit around with your Nevada Roadside clip.:) Some tipps: the music is way to bouncing, it does not fit with the smooth images. Have you ever seen such "bubble effects" in a professional video? I don´t think so ;)That doesn´t really look god! The better way is to use a quite normal dissolve effect. You also should try to make smoother movements when changing direction with the Mini.Of course it´s a question of practice! Did you fly in C modus?
I choosed anothe music which fits better to the desertic images. ( BTW I like very much the landscape!!) What dou you think about it? Hopefully you like it ;)

cheers Paul

Reactions: Thomas B
I only watched the first one- camping trip. Too much jerking around, transition bubble effect annoying and inappropriate (do a cross fade). Edit out the yaws. Stick to a flight plan. The flights did not tell a story- first here, then there, and where ever. Where is the this thing going to next? Needs a lot of work on this.

Last edited:
Hi Paleomanjim
I played a little bit around with your Nevada Roadside clip.:) Some tipps: the music is way to bouncing, it does not fit with the smooth images. Have you ever seen such "bubble effects" in a professional video? I don´t think so ;)That doesn´t really look god! The better way is to use a quite normal dissolve effect. You also should try to make smoother movements when changing direction with the Mini.Of course it´s a question of practice! Did you fly in C modus?
I choosed anothe music which fits better to the desertic images. ( BTW I like very much the landscape!!) What dou you think about it? Hopefully you like it ;)

cheers Paul
Thanks Paul, I DO like your edit. Awesome music too. Where did you get the music? I'll try to reduce the bubble effects, although the next 2 will have them because I already finished the edits. The yaw is nearly impossible to smooth out with the mini, smooth enough in normal speed, but jerky with the higher speed after editing. I am hoping DJI provides for some type of Yaw smoothness on a future update, similar to what they provided on the Air 2, that would allow smooth panning.
Regarding other comments I guess everyone has their own style. I like higher speeds and panning shots that show more in depth of what the area looks like. That is just my preference. Short straight normal 3-5 second speed shots with slow elevator music are fine for those that are into that. Personally I get bored after 20 seconds of it so I won't be going down that path. Appreciate the comments, Jim

Hi Jim,
glad you like it, you´r welcome:) The music is from a site which unfortunately doesn´t exist anymore! Concerning the smoothness it´s just a question of practice! No one is born a master!;) Little by little you will learn to make smoother shots!

cheers Paul

I only watched the first one- camping trip. Too much jerking around, transition bubble effect annoying and inappropriate (do a cross fade). Edit out the yaws. Stick to a flight plan. The flights did not tell a story- first here, then there, and where ever. Where is the this thing going to next? Needs a lot of work on this.
Very positive criticism. Please share with me one of your videos so that I may see what a quality video should look like.

I agree with others about the yaw. Continuous Course Correction makes for an impossible edit. When in doubt, fly straight and use the gimbal and elevation for dramatic effect. It is possible to do slow gentle turns with the lightest touch and practice. Follow the landforms, but with longer curves, allowing the drone to get closer to significant features. Additionally, you should avoid speeding up footage, with the exception of speed ramping, but you can’t use speed ramping with directional changes.

I've found if I hold the stick at the base and pinch them with my thumb and first finger I can yaw much smoother and slower.

I've found if I hold the stick at the base and pinch them with my thumb and first finger I can yaw much smoother and slower.
Yep, I fly 3D planes using thumb and first finger on the left stick, much better control for me than thumb only. The mini however would benefit from a future update to reduce Yaw sensitivity, it is just way too sensitive as it it now. Overall, that is my only complaint about the Mini, it is fantastic otherwise. My guess is they will add that sometime in the future

Reactions: Tufargon
Love it!

Nice ! Where in Nevada is this ?
Highway 318 just below Lund in Eastern Nevada. Very desolate area where most folks are driving 85mph to get through it as quickly as possible! I like this area though, always something different to see if one just looks.....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy007