DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

COVID-19 vs DJI (Mavic mini)?

RawOne.CZ

Reactions
Is there any chance that the DJI will release the full power of the drones (Mini) in the next update? I'd like to help with this drone, but signal is too weak in the city..

Specifics please.... distance possible now, location flown from, controlling device, et.c
More info is needed to offer any help.
I'm from central Europe, so I have a CE version .. in the city range is about 350 meters ..
So my question is whether there is a probability that DJI will release the full potential of Mavic Mini as in FCC mode?

Be sure prop guards are off and that you aren’t in payload mode.
Describe your flying area please... pics even better.
Check out this thread:

Reactions: Dedal
Be sure prop guards are off and that you aren’t in payload mode.
Describe your flying area please... pics even better.
Check out this thread:
Ok, i know about propelers guards and payload mode and basics etc. I have it for the fourth month.
But i didn't know about HW in CE version.. so, i got this now..
I was cheated by the sellers in our country.. stupid business is stupid business.. it is sad :(
Thank you Thomas for your time!
Take care of yourself! Peace out

Is there any chance that the DJI will release the full power of the drones (Mini) in the next update? I'd like to help with this drone, but signal is too weak in the city..

@RawOne.CZ - From what I heard - I highly doubt it. I got a friend that works for the company as an engineer! If you want something small and compact you need to buy the Mavic Air!
FYI - I returned my Mavic Air on the 2nd flight due to the quality of the images vs the Mavic Pro at the time, so I just went with the MAVIC Pro! That's just one of the reasons why I did not buy the Mavic Mini.
Don't get me wrong it a very cool and compact drone but you can't fly it in any windy conditions what so ever and you can't fly it very far like you can with the Mavic Air! Also, you're not the only one having issues with the signal so I decided to pass and see what they come out next with. Safe flying and all of the best mate,
FLPilotShark

@RawOne.CZ - From what I heard - I highly doubt it. I got a friend that works for the company as an engineer! If you want something small and compact you need to buy the Mavic Air!
FYI - I returned my Mavic Air on the 2nd flight due to the quality of the images vs the Mavic Pro at the time, so I just went with the MAVIC Pro! That's just one of the reasons why I did not buy the Mavic Mini.
Don't get me wrong it a very cool and compact drone but you can't fly it in any windy conditions what so ever and you can't fly it very far like you can with the Mavic Air! Also, you're not the only one having issues with the signal so I decided to pass and see what they come out next with. Safe flying and all of the best mate,
FLPilotShark
OK, thank you, thanks to all.. bye

I probably shouldn't say this, but I will anyway.
My Mavi Mini would start losing connection at 250 metres in open areas. Not impressive. Jerky video and absolute rubbish compared to my MP1.

In January I bought myself an Alientech Pro 2.4G antenna/amplifier and carried out the modification to the controller myself.
I tested the new installation and out over open water I managed 2003 metres and it only stopped there because I had not removed a maximum range setting in the App. Solid video and solid control. Quite an impressive set up really.

Before anyone accuses me of breaking the CE power level, I have a Ham radio licence for the 2.4GHz band and am allowed to run higher powers. The aircraft uses the same stock power level so it remains CE compliant and does not violate the "No aeronautical mobile operation" clause. As for line of sight - well I knew where it was - 50 metres up and 2003 metres straight out over the Bristol channel!!! Not even the seagulls notice this small bird - amazing.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I will anyway.
My Mavi Mini would start losing connection at 250 metres in open areas. Not impressive. Jerky video and absolute rubbish compared to my MP1.

In January I bought myself an Alientech Pro 2.4G antenna/amplifier and carried out the modification to the controller myself.
I tested the new installation and out over open water I managed 2003 metres and it only stopped there because I had not removed a maximum range setting in the App. Solid video and solid control. Quite an impressive set up really.

Before anyone accuses me of breaking the CE power level, I have a Ham radio licence for the 2.4GHz band and am allowed to run higher powers. The aircraft uses the same stock power level so it remains CE compliant and does not violate the "No aeronautical mobile operation" clause. As for line of sight - well I knew where it was - 50 metres up and 2003 metres straight out over the Bristol channel!!! Not even the seagulls notice this small bird - amazing.

Is your antenna/amplifier available in the UK? If so, from where?

Reactions: Myha
I bought myself an Alientech Pro 2.4G antenna/amplifier and carried out the modification to the controller myself.

Wow, a brave flight indeed !!
Anda good wrap for the Alientech gear, I've read good reports of all their antenna mod gear for various models.

Is your antenna/amplifier available in the UK? If so, from where?
No, not available in the UK. I tried to buy it direct from Alientech in China, but then the virus shutdown prevented it.
I then ordered the kit from Amazon.com in the US. Same price and it arrived within 7 days. Sadly I cannot find the link now. They probably no longer have any stock.

The original Alientech link is: missing!
It looks like Alientech have discontinued the 2.4GHz product. The closest product is the 5.8GHz for the same price. This is not on Amazon though.

I would not worry about buying from Alientech direct as I ordered and two weeks later I cancelled due to the delay in supplying due to the virus. They promptly refunded my money - no problems. I would use them.

The link for the replacement 5.8GHz product is here: ALIENTECH PRO 5.8G Signal Booster With Antennas Range Extender for DJI Drones

5.8GHz is a better band as there is less Wifi clutter on this band. Ok, absorption is worse at this frequency, but then the gain that they are quoted on their webpage is quite amazing.

Good luck

Wow, a brave flight indeed !!
Anda good wrap for the Alientech gear, I've read good reports of all their antenna mod gear for various models.
I have been very impressed by the quality and performance. However see below a reply to another member asking me about this below: -

Not available in the UK. I tried to buy it direct from Alientech in China, but then the virus shutdown prevented it.
I then ordered the kit from Amazon.com in the US. Same price and it arrived within 7 days. Sadly I cannot find the link now. They probably no longer have any stock.

The original Alientech product link is: missing!
It looks like Alientech have discontinued the 2.4GHz product.
The closest product is the 5.8GHz for the same price. This is not on Amazon though.

I would not worry about buying from Alientech direct as I ordered and two weeks later I cancelled due to the delay in supplying because of the virus. They promptly refunded my money - no problems. I would use them again.

The link for the replacement 5.8GHz product is here: ALIENTECH PRO 5.8G Signal Booster With Antennas Range Extender for DJI Drones
5.8GHz is a better band as there is less Wifi clutter on this band. Ok, absorption is worse at this frequency, but then the gain that they are quoting on their webpage is quite amazing.

The preamplifier on the receiver side increases the distance that the Mini can be from you and still receive perfect video feed. No broken videos feed at all.
The transmitter amplifier increases the distance that you can fly the Mini from you and still have perfect control.

Good luck

No, not available in the UK. I tried to buy it direct from Alientech in China, but then the virus shutdown prevented it.

The original Alientech link is: missing!
It looks like Alientech have discontinued the 2.4GHz product. The closest product is the 5.8GHz for the same price. This is not on Amazon though.

I would not worry about buying from Alientech direct as I ordered and two weeks later I cancelled due to the delay in supplying due to the virus. They promptly refunded my money - no problems. I would use them.

5.8GHz is a better band as there is less Wifi clutter on this band. Ok, absorption is worse at this frequency, but then the gain that they are quoted on their webpage is quite amazing.

Good luck

Thanks for your prompt reply. As you may have gathered I'm in South Africa, locked down tight, so my chance of getting one from anywhere in the world are zero for the time being!
But since reading your post I've come across this one - ALIENTECH DUO Antenna range extender for DJI / ANIFI / Skydio 2 Drones - as well as a YouTube video from a chap in Australia -
- which looks really impressive. I'd be keen to hear what you think. Thanks again, H.

Thanks for your prompt reply. As you may have gathered I'm in South Africa, locked down tight, so my chance of getting one from anywhere in the world are zero for the time being!
But since reading your post I've come across this one - ALIENTECH DUO Antenna range extender for DJI / ANIFI / Skydio 2 Drones - as well as a YouTube video from a chap in Australia -
- which looks really impressive. I'd be keen to hear what you think. Thanks again, H.
Yes that product though is just an antenna - a good one, but there are no active amplifiers on the transmitter or receiver side. No batteries required. It is cheaper than the unit I purchased. However, it does have good reviews so it's worth a closer look.
The video (June 2018) is also of a different product - an earlier one that has been discontinued. It had a battery supply so that tell me that it has an amplifier.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada