DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash #2387230958 - Gimbal Issue

will25u

Reactions
I just had this whole post written out and lost it. So I am not retyping what happened for the crash except for this quick TLDR;

TLDR; MY 1st crash. Crashed mavic into tree after interference.

After the crash I found I needed a new front arm spring, LVDS cable, ribbon cable, and gimbal mount plate. Bought all of those items, and put the mavic back together. Now the gimbal shows video, but does what is happening in the video below. I have taken off and redone the ribbon cable 4 times and ensured the cable is seated correctly. After ordering all the parts and putting them on I found out that I also broke the gimbal anti-drop hook. So I will need to order that. But I doubt that is what is causing the gimbal issue.

I did try again today, and when I turned on the mavic, it did the same as the video, then a few seconds later it seemed to correct itself. Did a gimbal calibration in DJI GO 4 and it calibrated fine. Turned off the mavic and turned it back on, and back to the issue again.

Any help is appreciated.

On another note. After the crash, the original battery no longer works in the mavic. It was not the battery that was in the mavic when it crashed. Now the original battery gets a "Battery Authentication failed". The second battery that was in the mavic when it crashed works fine.

That seems to be what they do. I replaced both cables and mine did the same thing although I could never get it to calibrate. I ended up just buying a whole new gimbal assy complete with board and now everything works. It's the Achilles's heel of the Mavic. I've decided I'm going to go to extreme lengths not to crash again lol.

Reactions: dajohn17
That's happened to me too.I think gimbal motors are as sensitive as cables.I ordered new arm with flat cable.Will see how it goes

That's happened to me too.I think gimbal motors are as sensitive as cables.I ordered new arm with flat cable.Will see how it goes

Let me know how it goes...

Anyone else have any more insight? Thanks!

Changed gimbal arm and it worked.Im going to test out tomorrow.arm came with flat cable installed,but looked damaged.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB