DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

crash and esc error

kareembenni

Reactions
hello today i crashed my mavic air and what happened that nothing was broken but it is unable to fly again it gives esc error and the motors are not spinning it is making noises what may be the problem

Something is broken- one or more ESC (cooked mosfet in the inverter stage).

A fair guess would be that one ore more props was obstructed for a period before the Mavic was shut down? It doesn’t take much.

There is nothing you can do without disassembly and board replacement.

Something is broken- one or more ESC (cooked mosfet in the inverter stage).

A fair guess would be that one ore more props was obstructed for a period before the Mavic was shut down? It doesn’t take much.

There is nothing you can do without disassembly and board replacement.
yes this is what happened the motors and propellers where obstructed for a period of time should i change the whole esc board for my mavic air?

If you never done repairs like this theres many good opions on this web sight that can fix it or just jump o n YouTube and go for the gusto... Other than than that good luck

The ESC will almost always cook before a motor winding goes open circuit or cooks the magnet wire insulation.

If a motor seems to be binding when turned by hand you could be very lucky and just need a motor. This isn’t common. If a motor is damaged it will need changing anyway so do that first.

If you don’t have the tools/experience working on electronics (including basic soldering) and average mechanical aptitude you might cause more problems than you fix.

If you feel up to it there are plenty of YouTube walk throughs available. It’s pretty basic just fiddly and needs patience.

If you can replace an iPhone screen without butchering the connectors you won’t syruggke with this repair.

Reactions: kareembenni and DDS
careful w/ the diy
I've seen many members here order parts from eBay or amazon swap em out and the issue remains, again I'm not discouraging any diy fixes however I've seen hrs of work and $$ spent on parts and the drone still won't get airborne. I have also seen some repairs come in were critical comopnents are damaged do to the fact they were soldered wrong or a small step was missed. so be prepared.
My take
if your a hobbyist who is familiar with building rc helicopters, cars, and drones go for it! if your someone who bought a drone b/c of the wow factor than send it in to a repair facility.
If you choose the latter we offer free shipping and free inspections. with dji certified techs and a no risk obligation you got nothing to loose. Once we we quote it you can either pay for the repair or decide not to. either way we send you back the drone (free shipping there as well)
use coupon "mavicpilots" for $35 off the repair. BTW I think is time for a new repair video so I can also post a step by step video of what it took to bring your drone back to life.

click here to get your free label

Last edited:
careful w/ the diy
I've seen many members here order parts from eBay or amazon swap em out and the issue remains, again I'm not discouraging any diy fixes however I've seen hrs of work and $$ spent on parts and the drone still won't get airborne. I have also seen some repairs come in were critical comopnents are damaged do to the fact they were soldered wrong or a small step was missed. again I'm not discouraging diy fixes on your drone but be prepared.
My take
if your a hobbyist who is familiar with building rc helicopters, cars, and drones go for it! if your someone who bought a drone b/c go the wow factor than send it in to a repair facility.
If you choose the latter we offer free shipping and free inspections. with dji certified techs and a no risk obligation you got nothing to loose. Once we we quote it you can either pay for the repair or decide not to. either way we send you back the drone (free shipping there as well)
use coupon "mavicpilots" for $35 off the repair. BTW I think is time for a new repair video so I can also post a step by step video of what it took to bring your drone back to life.

click here to get your free label
I would be tempted to add, as I suspect it is a reality in your world- botched repair attempts almost without exception will ultimately result in a higher repair cost. I often find gear (not drones) comes to me where people have lifted tracks off boards with bad soldering practice, cooked semiconductors, lost parts, butchered connectors etc. in some cases the device is uneconomical to repair as a result of their prior effort.

Reactions: DDS
I opened the asiistant 2 and tried to test the notors the front ones worked normaly but both of the rear ones didn't work that is because of the esc board right?
The ESC will almost always cook before a motor winding goes open circuit or cooks the magnet wire insulation.

If a motor seems to be binding when turned by hand you could be very lucky and just need a motor. This isn’t common. If a motor is damaged it will need changing anyway so do that first.

If you don’t have the tools/experience working on electronics (including basic soldering) and average mechanical aptitude you might cause more problems than you fix.

If you feel up to it there are plenty of YouTube walk throughs available. It’s pretty basic just fiddly and needs patience.

If you can replace an iPhone screen without butchering the connectors you won’t syruggke with this repair.

I opened the asiistant 2 and tried to test the notors the front ones worked normaly but both of the rear ones didn't work that is because of the esc board right?
Good chance. I have not pulled an air apart. I think ESC, flight controller and compass are in one board. You should be able to find one cheap enough- make sure you check what’s involved and assess your complaint level before proceeding though. It might be worth paying someone to take care if it. I had DJI repair stuff under warranty and prices seemed competitive.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52