DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash Mavic Pro

jnic2

Reactions
I was recently flying my maverick pro about a mile from where I was located at 300 feet( wanting to test the range) I began to get an adjust antenna message which I did. And everything appeared ok. at that point I began to descend to 150 feet and the camera footage began to get slow and I lost the signal. After several attempts to reconnect without success I jumped in my car and went to the location and found the drone crashed.

A witness said it basically fell from the sky. My question is I’m trying to figure out what happened. About 15 yards away was a power transmission area with many power lines. Could this of caused interference and caused the Mavic to go down?

Any ideas out there on a possible cause? Waiting on my replacement and am looking to learn from this

Perhaps, but a much more likely cause would be hitting the lines themselves. You have a log file?

Would I find that with the DJI app under flight records? Not sure what to look for. Went to flight records and found that flight? Help please

Power lines, any object with lots of ferrous metals, any antenna structure radiating RF, Microwave transmitting devices,cell phone towers and repeaters, etc etc etc will all sink a Mavic .

At that distance, 150' elevation makes the angle of elevation very small. This means your signal needs to penetrate all the ground clutter between you and your craft. Trees, houses, bushes whatever.

Edit: 1.6° to be precise

Power lines, any object with lots of ferrous metals, any antenna structure radiating RF, Microwave transmitting devices,cell phone towers and repeaters, etc etc etc will all sink a Mavic .

Thank you for your reply and input. This was an expensive lesson learned :)

At that distance, 150' elevation makes the angle of elevation very small. This means your signal needs to penetrate all the ground clutter between you and your craft. Trees, houses, bushes whatever.

Edit: 1.6° to be precise

Good points ! Thank you

It definitely hit something... Usually if it's lost signal it will go home automatically. But upload the logs for accuracy to what happened.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+