DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crash on waypoint mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be clear about this. When you do not enable your obstacle avoidance, it is OFF. Yes, even on a waypoint mission. This isn't the first time the matter has come up here. Sometimes when you plan a waypoint mission and then go out and fly it, you have neglected to survey the site and have unintentionally instructed your drone to fly into an obstacle. If you fly the mission without obstacle avoidance turned on, you are essentially instructing your drone to crash into whatever you failed to understand is in the way. It is just following your instructions. You are darn lucky to still have your drone intact.
If you read what it says in FLY, the obstacle avoidance settings are only valid when you're flying with the sticks, which I wasn't. I will try to clarify with DJI if obstacle avoidance is still on during a waypoint mission even though it's turned off in the settings. That would explain how it hit the tree.

Angeles, Wow! I was there in 75-77. Man has it grown. Thank you for the video if only to see Angeles as it is now.
I was first here in 88. Yes it's grown a lot. Many big malls. But fortunately the bars are still here, though more expensive.

I went to the scene and looked for the lens cover but couldn't find it. I foliage was very tall and thick so I have to kiss that one goodbye. DJI got my email and will be working on this. I will try to fly tomorrow and see it the drones OK.

I went to the scene and looked for the lens cover but couldn't find it. I foliage was very tall and thick so I have to kiss that one goodbye. DJI got my email and will be working on this. I will try to fly tomorrow and see it the drones OK.
So the crash also stopped the video, but still initiated RTH?
Video should have continued, unless the camera also sustained damage that made further recording impossible.
What is your RTH setting? Smart RTH or "old style?"
Before flying again, can you see the camera view with the drone sitting on the bench for testing? Will it still record video?
Obviously, since it flew home, it can still fly!
However, if the camera will no longer record video, no point in flying your Waypoint missions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
I was out of signal range so I couldn't see it was getting too low.
Someone needs to take your “toys” away from you. You think flying out of range and not have any situational awareness of where your drone is located in the sky is ok?

Someone needs to take your “toys” away from you. You think flying out of range and not have any situational awareness of where your drone is located in the sky is ok?
Probably not going to change the situation and probably he’s well aware of the consequences.

Time to close this one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne