DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CRASH :(

Drone specific insurance can be expensive. I am about to insure my Mavic Pro and Inspire 2 via a Valuables add on to my homeowners. Checked with Travelers and they are up for it. It's covered as an aerial photography item along with my other camera gear. Gonna run me around ~$100 a year but worth it. I asked about just dropping the darn thing, and they said no problems. State Farm has a similar policy that I know folks have gotten paid out on in the past. It won't cover the window you crash through but the drone should get replaced.

Yeah, State Farm is the way I went. $60 a year, $0 deductible, full coverage ( lost, stolen, crashed, eaten by a whale etc.)

Just have to be careful because if you only have the personal articles they might end up dropping you after your first claim.

It looks like you dropped a prop. It will happen, rarely, usually you’re more prone to it with worn props. This is what makes me nervous to fly over water.

Bought my MP last month and just went to State Farm insurance to get some coverage. It is $60/yr (called PAP - Personal Articles Policy). Not cheap, but peace of mind especially when your are:(1) not rich, and (2) inexperienced like me.

Just a tip....

Just remember - if you can afford to replace your drone then there are strong odds you'll lose money insuring your drone.

Wow... Sorry for your loss.

Can we please try to analyze what caused this so we can all learn from it and possible prevent it happening...

Are the blades supposed to have an "odometer" now?? what actions could be taken to prevent this??

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada