DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into heavy woods could not find it. Any chance it could be somewhere else?

bottomlayercz

Reactions
Hi there, I made many beginner mistakes, started flight with almost dead battery and then pressed wrong button .. land instead of RTH .. got panic as I was above sea and drone criticaly landed in worst place around. Searched about 5m radius around last knokw GPS but I still wondering if this location is correct and shouldnt searching somewhere else.
Thanks a lot for any help

here is link to Flightlog

The recorded landing position is going to be pretty accurate since it looks like it was corrected all the way to the ground. It was moving south at around 5 m/s when it came down, and so it will be either at or just south (a few meters at most) of that last recorded point. Tough terrain, unfortunately.

1564746241376.jpeg

Reactions: BigAl07
Searched about 5m radius around last knokw GPS but I still wondering if this location is correct and shouldnt searching somewhere else.
Your flight data ends with the drone bumping into something when 7 feet lower than the launch point and stops 15 feet lower than where you started.

Where is the GPS point taking you?
Is it the bottom of the slope or somewhere up on the slope?

Google earth evevation data for the area is very poor but it appears that the bottom of that gully is more than 15 ft below the launch point?
Is it possible that the drone lost power at the end of data but bounced/tumbled further down slope?

Your flight data ends with the drone bumping into something when 7 feet lower than the launch point and stops 15 feet lower than where you started.

Google earth evevation data for the area is very poor but it appears that the bottom of that gully is more than 15 ft below the launch point?
Is it possible that the drone lost power at the end of data but bounced/tumbled further down slope?

It's in really thick brush so it's not going to have tumbled anywhere - if you have ever visited coastal Cornwall you might remember how impenetrably thick those areas can be. Even getting to the location is going to be challenging. The DEM is good enough - the height issues arise from an incorrect absolute takeoff elevation and what appears to be some barometric drift.

yep i would say that is way more than 15ft lower than starting point. GPS took me to the bottom of the slope few meters away from stream. But drone could be much higher at that time and battery died completely and it could flew few meter further. It happend on my trip around england south coast and now I am back in Czech republic so it will be realy hard to get it back.
Thanks for your help

If you know someone back in that area that also flies, or can contact someone from one of the groups in the area, you might give them this information and see if they can fly over and spot it from the air. Even if you offered them a reward, it might be cheaper than a total loss of the M2.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne