DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into tree and then into water. Controller disconnected

And besides what action you have set for signal loss . . . if it can even be selected, eg like at the moment Mavic Mini on IOS, or Spark, at least do not have options apart from forced RTH) . . . some DJI models are different to the way they behave in some of these functions.
Best to thoroughly read your models manual, and in a big open flat area go through options and have a bit of a try of various functions.

To test forced RTH due to signal loss, just get a decent distance away (at least a little more than needed for proper RTH action), hover at a height a little below the set RTH alt, say hover at 15m, RTH set at 20m, then turn off controller.
** Absolutely before this, ensure you have strong GPS, that the home point has been recorded, and to be safer ensure precision landing point has been captured.

You can then try alternative signal loss actions like hover, or land, again ensuring suitable environment around the drone.
well i have mavic pro platinum, so if signal lost, or gone it will RTH on the last check point?

well i have mavic pro platinum, so if signal lost, or gone it will RTH on the last check point?

Yes, if GPS is ok, you are more than 20m from home point and you set it to that option in the Go4 app.
It will RTH if the home point is set, whether the recorded one at take off, or if it's reset on the move.

If between 5m and 20m of home point, the behaviour is different, best read the manual section on that.

The MP / MPP also has the option to hover if signal lost (handy in tight places, in forest under canopy, inside old building etc) . . .
Or you can set it to land immediately, my least favoured option as you don't know what the heck is under you for a forced landing.
You can set this in your Go4 options menu, just go take a look through and you should find it ok.

Most stuff is in the manual, just have a look around menus and learn what's there in settings . . .

Yes, if GPS is ok, you are more than 20m from home point and you set it to that option in the Go4 app.
It will RTH if the home point is set, whether the recorded one at take off, or if it's reset on the move.

If between 5m and 20m of home point, the behaviour is different, best read the manual section on that.

The MP / MPP also has the option to hover if signal lost (handy in tight places, in forest under canopy, inside old building etc) . . .
Or you can set it to land immediately, my least favoured option as you don't know what the heck is under you for a forced landing.
You can set this in your Go4 options menu, just go take a look through and you should find it ok.

Most stuff is in the manual, just have a look around menus and learn what's there in settings . . .

(The MP / MPP also has the option to hover if signal lost)
where is this option? i need to double check & make sure i have this option ON.

(The MP / MPP also has the option to hover if signal lost)
where is this option? i need to double check & make sure i have this option ON.

Yes, sometimes the best option, other times RTH is, learn to make that jusgement to applicable flights.

Ok, it's not in the manual (like a lot of things), but is a lot on the forums about it.
A quick search here reveals this which should make it easy for you . . .

i have a question for you guys in here i am reading all of this, so if i was flying out side and all of a sudden my app disconnects from the dji to drone will the drone just stay in place in the sky? until app is connected? or will it RTH?
He did ask if app disconnects.
If it's only app to RC connection that's broken, it will exhibit the same behavior as if you let go of the sticks. Usually that's hover, but if you're in a flight mode, that will continue. You still have control with the RC, including RTH and pause button.

Reactions: BossBob
All Mavics except Mini (so far) have signal loss setting with options RTH, hover and land. Default is RTH and is what most leave it set to. But indoors, in a canopy, or in a moving boat, hover would be best.

Why use hover in a moving boat?
Because if you took off from the boat at point A, that's your HP. Boat moves to point B and you lose signal. AC will go to point A and land there, in the water.
You can change HP to RC, but that relies on device GPS and has been problematic lately. Besides, you would want to manually land rather than RTH landing be off target.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada