DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed into tree, should I use refresh?

BaNZ

Reactions
Still can fly but the legs are broken and it dropped about 50 feet onto the pavement. I heard horror stories from using the dji refresh and getting a broken unit. Should I use the refresh or use one of the repairs from this forum?

I was really dumb. Because it was just caught by the leaves and it was still hovering. I press down to try and get it out the tree. The motors shutdown as it probably thought it was landing due to The sensors so it dropped out the sky. I should've turned off all sensors and just navigate it out the branches.

Reactions: Former Member
I repair drones every day, but if you have DJI Refresh, I think you should use it. You might get lucky and get a perfectly functioning drone in return. You will probably have to wait anywhere from 2 - 4 weeks to get it back.

Reactions: macoman and RKX
Still can fly but the legs are broken and it dropped about 50 feet onto the pavement. I heard horror stories from using the dji refresh and getting a broken unit. Should I use the refresh or use one of the repairs from this forum?

I was really dumb. Because it was just caught by the leaves and it was still hovering. I press down to try and get it out the tree. The motors shutdown as it probably thought it was landing due to The sensors so it dropped out the sky. I should've turned off all sensors and just navigate it out the branches.
I used Refresh & got a brand new MA within 10 days via the Netherlands Care Centre

Use refresh, that's why you bought it. I don't know where you are but from Seattle it went to CA and I had it back in a week. Referb but probably had fewer hours than my original and it flys perfect.

Logged the case with refresh. I was just thinking it is a cosmetic issue so it might be cheaper to go with Thunderdrones. Just renewing my renter insurance so I better add it to the policy too!

Will report back later possibly with photos.

Just renewing my renter insurance so I better add it to the policy too!

I wouldnt add it on to a renters insurance policy, you would then be bound by the renters insurance deductible. If possible, you might want to start a new PAP "drone-only" policy to cover your Mavic. Cheap yearly rates, and $0 deductible with State Farm.

Reactions: BaNZ

I would use the refresh, most likely, you will receive what you expect (not a broken drone) I have used it for my phantom and it came back in great condition.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54