DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic 2 Pro value?

Rick243

Reactions
I came across a M2P for sale make offer. Looks like it took a hard hit. It has 1 broken leg, the camera and gimbal are destroyed, The bottom panel broke off and electronics exposed, as far as I can tell from the pictures. It does have 2 batteries, controller, hard case, a bunch of red colored props (maybe the reason for the crash), and other accessories. What would be a fair offer?

I came across a M2P for sale make offer. Looks like it took a hard hit. It has 1 broken leg, the camera and gimbal are destroyed, The bottom panel broke off and electronics exposed, as far as I can tell from the pictures. It does have 2 batteries, controller, hard case, a bunch of red colored props (maybe the reason for the crash), and other accessories. What would be a fair offer?
I assume you intend to repair it yourself? The broken leg would require soldering ($30 for the arm another $10 for solder and another $30 for a cheap soldering iron unless you have those already). Assuming the gimbal is irreparable, that'll be quite a price that varies considerably. I've seen some for $500 and I've seen some for $150 so it just depends on if you can find the right deal. Depending on how much wear and tear the battery has sustained, those could be worth from $75-150 each. The controller is around $200 I'd think. The props I won't really value as they're quite cheap. Considering the bottom panel broke off, that means the mainboard could possibly be damaged and the mainboard isn't cheap and MAY require calibration (usually, only DJI can do that). There're a lot of risks involved so not sure if I'd personally risk it, however, if I were to offer, I'd probably offer no more than $450.

Reactions: Rick243
Ask if it went into water and if so what sort of water.
If salt water then only the value of two good batteries ( ask how many charges they have had) and the controller. The case and other accessories are more or less incidental unless exceptional.
Even if it went into fresh water I'd consider the drone's electronics as dead.

Even a straight, dry crash can leave unnoticed damage. I crashed my zoom and a cursory glance inspection showed a crumpled nose cone and a droopy front leg, it flew.
A proper inspection revealed hidden damage to a rear arm that meant an arm replacement was necessary. I also found a broken mounting lug on one circuit board, fortunately no circuits were broken.

For me with low charge counts on the batteries and sold all together I wouldn't go over £250, if I thought the drone was viable then maybe £300 but you'd need to check the likes of ebay for US prices.
I didn't go above £110 for a controller, I have a few.

Better to err an the low side and miss it rather than go high and buy a lemon. Do not get sucked into a bidding war.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the ad with pictures. It’s 12 miles from me. If it were a automobile you could say it’s totaled.

More interested in the batteries than anything else. Is there a way to plug them in to my m2z and check them out, other than flying and risking a crash?

You'll be able to see charge count and production dates in the app and or logs but I do not know about battery health.
Incidentally the Zoom & Pro are identical apart from the camera and gimbal.

More interested in the batteries than anything else. Is there a way to plug them in to my m2z and check them out, other than flying and risking a crash?
Mavic 2 Pro batteries will work in your M2Z. They're actually the same batteries. The M2Z and M2P bodies are the same. Only difference are the cameras.

the middle chassis is gone, bottom cover mounting points ripped off.
Bottom circuit board is gone, physical damage to silver covers and likely the chips underneath.
Factor the drone in as worthless or only for parts.
Where is the battery that was in the drone in the crash? If one of the two shown then I would consider there to be only 1 possibly good battery.
The filters are worthless to you, they fit the pro not the zoom, the chargers are relatively cheap on ebay.
There's obvious damage to the camera and gimbal, at least one dent in the camera shell/body and a sprung/spread roll/pitch arm but it might be worth a few dollars just to strip it and see if the spread of the roll/pitch arm can be 'fixed' and whether it would then work.
Re selling or buying on facebook, what protections are in place for the buyer? if none then that reduces the price still further in my book, actually I wouldn't even consider it but I never been on facebook

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't trust the battery that was in it.

I've tossed aircraft in better shape than that one in the trash. If I needed a battery I'd go elsewhere and get it/them for sure. I'd give that listing a HARD PASS!

I wouldn't trust the battery that was in it.

I've tossed aircraft in better shape than that one in the trash. If I needed a battery I'd go elsewhere and get it/them for sure. I'd give that listing a HARD PASS!
When you get set to toss the next one would you let me know please? lol

I don't know how handy YOU are but for me, I'd buy a refurb from DJI. Why would anyone want to assume all of that grief, repair, work, etc.?

Why would anyone want to assume all of that grief, repair, work, etc.?
Some folk like to repair things, besides which he was interested in the batteries or battery (we are not sure if the crash battery was one of the two shown). A spare controller isn't a bad idea. You could even have a master /slave pairing.
I made a mistake once and sent a Mavic 2 up for a quick spur of the moment flight, the master controller charge was low and it died in flight, more quickly than I thought it would, I swapped the phone over to the slave and all was well.
I bought a scrapper Mini 2 for parts, sold as damaged shell and gimbal. I was lucky, it turned out only the shell was damaged, I changed that (middle shell) for one I had in a "bag of bits" and got a fully functional, low hours Mini 2 for under £100. Just for clarity, I doubt the actual drone of this thread would have such an easy repair but the drone wasn't the OP's 'objective'.

Some folk like to repair things, besides which he was interested in the batteries or battery (we are not sure if the crash battery was one of the two shown). A spare controller isn't a bad idea. You could even have a master /slave pairing.
I made a mistake once and sent a Mavic 2 up for a quick spur of the moment flight, the master controller charge was low and it died in flight, more quickly than I thought it would, I swapped the phone over to the slave and all was well.
I bought a scrapper Mini 2 for parts, sold as damaged shell and gimbal. I was lucky, it turned out only the shell was damaged, I changed that (middle shell) for one I had in a "bag of bits" and got a fully functional, low hours Mini 2 for under £100. Just for clarity, I doubt the actual drone of this thread would have such an easy repair but the drone wasn't the OP's 'objective'.
Well, I can put eyeballs back together but not drones so I hand it to you.( I am a retired eye surgeon-ophthalmologist).

Last edited:
I think pricing really depends on where you're located. I have a M2P, it's been crashed hard. Yet the only issue is gimbal motor overload.
It calibrates fine, but once in the air it overloads.
I was asking $400 for it, controller + drone w/o battery. I got one trade offer and that's it. Seems like crashed drones have very little value.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242