DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

HELP!!!!! CRASH AND BURN😥

The op is as likely to crash an air 2s as they are to crash a mini, the cost of repairing/replacing an air 2s is likely to be higher than the cost of replacing a mini. My worst crash was with a mavic 2 zoom, caused by a knee jerk response to a problem, the response was incorrect and sent the drone into a tree which was followed by a 50ft fall.

The cost of a replacement drone is far from the only potential expense associated with a crash. And property damage isn't the only concern. There's another crash being discussed here where the drone impacted a fence near where the homeowner was working in the yard. Hitting a person could be extremely expensive and nor so easily remedied.

The cost of a replacement drone is far from the only potential expense associated with a crash. And property damage isn't the only concern. There's another crash being discussed here where the drone impacted a fence near where the homeowner was working in the yard. Hitting a person could be extremely expensive and nor so easily remedied.
True but hitting a person isn't really the subject of the thread, besides getting hit by a mini would be preferable to being hit by a fully grown mavic. That excludes eye contact, were any contact could be disastrous.
Where's the fence crash ?

Solution. Fly higher than a house.
Better yet, practice in an open field until you become proficient. But if you have money to burn/crash, I guess the flying location is secondary. 🤑

Just wow!! I do not understand crashing into a house? If you see you are heading towards a crash just let go of the sticks.
Yes, but not enough experience, us humans go into a panic mode.

I can't believe I got in to this.
I could never turn around a RC car in my drive way with out hitting something.I just measured it its 20' wide. :rolleyes:

@Yorkshire_Pud
Same concept as I.

Rod ..

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
@Dukegotit

As @Yorkshire_Pud Stated

Flight logs have a lot of information..

If you got questions they will get answered on this thread. 👌

BTW, Microwave !! Thumbswayup

Rod ..

Where's the fence crash ?

Ok so first off thank everyone for all the input and advice. I never thought I would get so many responses. I decided to get another mini mavic solely because I already have 3 batteries and some other accessories and can get a brand new one for about 40% of retail so financially it only makes sense go with a drone I am familiar with and is affordable. With that being said I definitely realize that I should be more cautious and should probably practice basic flight skills in a more open area. Like I said I had just received the drone and the difference from what I flew before was so amazing that I got caught up in the moment and the difference between a drone and a toy. I lost concentration and it's going to cost me so w money time and my wife's mouth hasn't stopped running since I told her what happened and how much is be shelling out all because I was careless. And if you've been married for 25 years like me you know that is far worse than spending any amount of $! So thank you guys for the help and the sense of comradery that I get everytime I log on! You guys rock!

Crashes in my full drone career

1. Backed a Mini 3 into a 50ft Tree, (survived with just grass stains)

2. Decided to test out the submersible features by taking my Mini 4 Pro for a swim in my local harbor (ended with a $250 flyaway claim)

3. Crashed the replacement Mini 4 Pro into a tree while active tracking (survived, just needed to change props)

Lets just say I have learned 4 things.

1. Always get Care Refresh
2. Never go beyond VLOS (unless you have a super good reason to 😂)
3. Dont try to use active track in a dense forrest
4. Fly Vigilantly

Last edited:
Ok so first off thank everyone for all the input and advice. I never thought I would get so many responses. I decided to get another mini mavic solely because I already have 3 batteries and some other accessories and can get a brand new one for about 40% of retail so financially it only makes sense go with a drone I am familiar with and is affordable. With that being said I definitely realize that I should be more cautious and should probably practice basic flight skills in a more open area. Like I said I had just received the drone and the difference from what I flew before was so amazing that I got caught up in the moment and the difference between a drone and a toy. I lost concentration and it's going to cost me so w money time and my wife's mouth hasn't stopped running since I told her what happened and how much is be shelling out all because I was careless. And if you've been married for 25 years like me you know that is far worse than spending any amount of $! So thank you guys for the help and the sense of comradery that I get everytime I log on! You guys rock!
"my wife's mouth hasn't stopped running since I told her what happened"

Well, it seems that she understands the gravity of flying a drone into a house.

• Haha
I have truly enjoyed the humour in this thread. The OP has a good sense of humour too. He was more concerned with his wife's mouth than the drone lol. Did the microwave excuse work? 🤣🤣

• Love
Reactions: RodPad
I'm still waiting for the flight log. (The Facts)
Did I miss it?
If I did take out of pay check. :rolleyes: Thumbswayup👌

Rod ..

I have truly enjoyed the humour in this thread. The OP has a good sense of humour too. He was more concerned with his wife's mouth than the drone lol. Did the microwave excuse work? 🤣🤣
Unfortunately the microwave thing didn't work and she continued to run her mouth for days. Im not even sure what she was saying I just caught a random "drone" "all that money just to crash a toy" "that could pay a light bill" and "I married a big kid with expensive toys" blah blah blah blah. The main thing is I have a new drone on the way and she finally stopped talking. Of course I've been kicked to the couch but technically I consider it a win in book! Right?

• Haha
Reactions: Pinyoro
No I didn't post it. It's pretty much a scramble of random movements and then all at once darkness
You might be surprised at what such a flight's log has managed to record.
Have a look at some of the threads in the crash etc. section.
Find one with an attached log and look at the discussion. If nothing else such threads are often educational, I've often learnt quite a bit from an throw away comment that was made in passing.

@Dukegotit
I'm the guy that will bug you until try to post a log.

There is at least 8 members I think of right now, with the good data will have some impressive results. REALLY!

@Yorkshire_Pud
Is one of one of those.

Been here awhile, the only pay check, is helping others and still learning. Thumbswayup

Rod ..

@Dukegotit

Thanks for replying.
If I can't help others will.

Awesome Forum, members are great, the mods keep it clean!!

Rod ..

Unfortunately the microwave thing didn't work and she continued to run her mouth for days. Im not even sure what she was saying I just caught a random "drone" "all that money just to crash a toy" "that could pay a light bill" and "I married a big kid with expensive toys" blah blah blah blah. The main thing is I have a new drone on the way and she finally stopped talking. Of course I've been kicked to the couch but technically I consider it a win in book! Right?
Thanks for the description of events 😀. I dare not tell my wife how much I spent on my Mini Pro 4. Told her £250 second hand although it cost just over £1000. She definitely wouldn't understand lol.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
efe