DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Pro, now the gimbal spin randomly

gallu

Reactions
Problem? The gimbal on my drone keeps spinning around, even without any commands from the phone/remote controller. I don't know why it does that, the UI on the phone keeps saying "Gimbal overloaded", the calibration fails every time.

Was unit in a crash?
Yes, it has crashed on a branch of a tree, and it stayed there for quite a while (maybe 6 months, until it was found)

What have you tried so far? I replaced the entire gimbal (flex cables and arm, I re-used the old camera). Haven't changed the logic board to which the camera and gimbal flex cables connect. I was hoping to get some feedback here on what it could be

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)? Android 10, Xiaomi Mi6 on Custom rom

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)? latest on both

What Go app version are you using? DJI Go 4.0

Any modification?
(if so what) no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what) no

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)

6 mnths...I think you have more issues than a dodgy gimble unless it didn't rain (which I doubt)
The drone flies just fine, no problem on gps either (rth works flawlessly). My guess is that the board that controls the accelerometer for the gimbal is fried, but I would love to have some feedback from people that could have experienced the same problem as me, if there are any

I guess you got lucky then. You're probably right about the board so time to source another controller board for the gimbal, [edit]the one sitting on top of the camera, as that would be closest to the elements for 6 months. OR just get a new camera module if you want to save time (but not money)

Last edited:
1st thing is I see the gimbal starting position is not normal - the camera must look forward.
2nd, I know it may sound strange, but after I removed round stick tape piece mine gimbal started to do the same shaking moves and stock in abnormal positions. After I returned stick tape back it started to move normally.
Have you tried to make a little push with a finger to a gimbal to help it return to a normal position in the calibration process?
If the circuit boards have water damage examine it precisely especially for white traces from salts? try to clean it with spirit and toothbrush. But if the damage already existed it wouldn't fix it, but it helps you to find where the damage from corrosion is really is. And you can try to solder it, but if the damage is major it's better to replace the board.

Hello all! It's me again, with news coming from the customer support in Europe!
I sent the drone for repair and they quoted me for Gimbal Axis Arm Module: does this mean they are going to replace only the arm or both the arm and the board?
I have this doubt since I replaced the arm by myself, and I wouldn't like to receive a drone that still has no functioning gimbal.

I sent an e-mail to the customer support about this, I was hoping that you guys could help me figure this out quicker :)

The drone came back a few days ago and only today I could test the repaired gimbal and camera because of bad weather in the past few days
I'm happy to say that it now works! Thanks for the suggestion on this thread guys! Next step is to get the "flying license" and I'll be off to flying this drone wherever I can!
:)

• Love
Reactions: SpinItUp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000