DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed Mavic Pro

01grander

Reactions
I was flying my Mavic and it got the attention of some birds....never really knew that birds cared about drones but apparently they are very territorial. They seemed to attack it and knocked it into a tree limb which caused the Mavic to fall. The result was at least one really busted up arm(bent/broken), two arms that look like they have stress marks(white marks) and is now not getting any power. The arm that is broken is damaged past the body so it should just need a replacement arm/motor. The arms that have stress marks are closer to the joints BUT they do not appear to be loose and they appear to be level from what I can tell when folded out. I also need to buy some props and I figured I could buy the platinum type unless there are any better options out now, I haven’t been following drones lately.

I had insurance so they ended up paying the full amount, if I can’t fix it then I’ll just buy another BUT it would be pretty awesome if I could just order some parts and fix it myself for much cheaper.

I work on computers for a job so I’m pretty good at fixing things myself, where is the best place to get parts? I’m probably going to open it up and look at the power issue, it seems likely that a cable was damaged or a connector came unplugged or loose.

Thanks for any advice. My job keeps me pretty busy, sorry if I have delayed responses.

Last edited:
Reactions: Former Member
I had insurance so they ended up paying the full amount, if I can’t fix it then I’ll just buy another BUT it would be pretty awesome if I could just order some parts and fix it myself for much cheaper.

Thank you for mentioning me @Clinton1

OP, are you getting any error messages in DJI Go? can you take some pictures of the damage? It's good you were covered, now you have a science project to work on :)

Reactions: Clinton1
Thank you for mentioning me @Clinton1

OP, are you getting any error messages in DJI Go? can you take some pictures of the damage? It's good you were covered, now you have a science project to work on :)

I started taking it apart at work so I can’t currently take any pictures.

I’d like to figure the power issue first because that might be more serious. Are there any cables I should check if it won’t turn on at all?

Any idea how much the front right arm might cost?

I started taking it apart at work so I can’t currently take any pictures.

I’d like to figure the power issue first because that might be more serious. Are there any cables I should check if it won’t turn on at all?

Any idea how much the front right arm might cost?
What is the power issue? Will it turn on when you press the power button?

1st thing is to check your connector inside the battery tray to make sure none of the pins are bent, missing, or misaligned

Sorry for the delay, my work is really busy, it took me 1 1/2 months to even report the crash to my insurance. Haha

The pins were not misaligned and looked straight but it looks like there was some corrosion or something on some of the terminals. That might not even be because of the crash directly but because I didn’t do anything for a few months. There was a small amount of mud/water where it crashed BUT it didn’t seem excessive so I didn’t think anything of it(a few splashes on the case). It’s in a slight state of disassembly but I can now get power to the Mavic after cleaning the terminals.

How much would a front right arm cost? I want to try and replace that to see if it’ll put me back in business. I don’t really care if it’s new or used as long as it works.

I removed the old arm on Friday so I should be able to reverse everything and reassemble......hopefully. It’s like repairing a laptop and I hate repairing laptops.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty