DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Crashed my M2P into a sign post, anybody know a good place to get it repaired

dwolfe002

Reactions
After being out of commission most of the summer for many things from heart attacks to hurricanes, I decided to go fly around my neighborhood. Just started flying when the school bus came down my street and decided to go a different way and I flew to the corner of the road waiting for it to do its thing. After it pulled off, I started to fly my M2P and had apparently turned it a little and ran into a sign post. Now the gimbal has a gimbal overload and the plastic piece on the bottom near the rear of the gimbal is somewhat out of place a little. I was wondering if anybody new of someone, preferably near the east coast, that is both reliable and reasonable on repair costs.

Thanks for your help,
Doug

Reactions: BigAl07
send it in for a free inspection, free shipping both ways you only pay if we fix

use mavicpilots for $35 off the repair

And no video :)

DJI Drone Service are awesome folks. Give them a try.
Yes and has helped me figure out an issue I was having with
just a few tips. I believe heavily on supporting our venders here. ThumbswayupThumbswayup

@djidroneservice is a top notch repair service and you get a FREE estimate with FREE shipping to and from. You simply can't lose with them. Plus they have great customer service and they are an HONEST company to deal with. Some of the others... not so much . . . .

Thanks for the recommendations. I will be sending it off today.

Take care and happy flying!
Doug
Do let us know how it turns out. Thumbswayup

Do let us know how it turns out. Thumbswayup

I got my drone back from djidronesevice last week but only had a few minutes to attempt a flight to make sure it would fly ok. Everything went well after replacing 2 arms, the esc board, the gimbal, and camera. I didn't have time to check out the camera so I did that today and everything looks pretty good. I'm not real sure these Mavic 2's are very tough though. I hit the post of a stop sign and the drone never went down but apparently lots of things broke in the process. I would hate to see what could happen if it dropped from any height. Anyway, it works now, thanks to @djidroneservice , but it was an expensive lesson I hope to never repeat.

I got my drone back from djidronesevice last week but only had a few minutes to attempt a flight to make sure it would fly ok. Everything went well after replacing 2 arms, the esc board, the gimbal, and camera. I didn't have time to check out the camera so I did that today and everything looks pretty good. I'm not real sure these Mavic 2's are very tough though. I hit the post of a stop sign and the drone never went down but apparently lots of things broke in the process. I would hate to see what could happen if it dropped from any height. Anyway, it works now, thanks to @djidroneservice , but it was an expensive lesson I hope to never repeat.
That hasselblad camera is not cheap however I’m glad we were able to get you airborne again. Hopefully you will never need our repair services again(assuming you stop for that stop sign)

Yea the expensive "goods" are hanging down low there with almost no protection from impacts.

Glad you're back in the air and happy with their service.

State Farm is much cheaper.

Yes, I had thought about getting State Farm many times but didn't go through with it. There was a movie once that had a saying that I remember, "You chose badly". Maybe they will let me have a small part in the sequel to help me pay for the repairs!

Yes, I had thought about getting State Farm many times but didn't go through with it. There was a movie once that had a saying that I remember, "You chose badly". Maybe they will let me have a small part in the sequel to help me pay for the repairs!
Be careful that SF doesn’t cancel your policy after a claim. Many posting here relate that experience.

Reactions: DDS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS